C8.5P -not the beta- works with the Postogre?

just verifying, to be sure.  installing carrara to new pc.

my other pc, i have carrara installed with ds4.6/valentina.  willing to try it with ds 4.8,

i'm at a point wont be too painful to reformat hard drive if all goes wonky.

the onle exe plugins i have to worry about is the mimic pro and animate importer.
i heard of a plugin, sounds interesting, will ungrey the duplicate option for duplicating figures.

wheee soon to 4 buckets ... size 32?

then set up other pc as a render node, even though is dualcore.  then i should see 6 render buckets?

thanks !!

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Yes . postgre database thingy .

Valentina was dropped,. there should be a little "valentina to postgre conversion" thingy in DIM

that will convert your existing valentina database stuff, so that postgre can read it.

but if it's a clean install you should download  the latest versions,

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2016

requesting ideas for external calib naming conventions?

how it is now, i see 2 preset folders, dunno which is which til i click on it.

and i'm seeing folder names i should see on misc tab. doesnt hurt too much, the folders are empty if i'm in the wrong tab
    i have TP RS skies and domes in separate r/t folder.  Howie. 

the render node pc doesnt need the files?
    i pretty much save everything local settings. uncompressed.

want to upgrade my UPS before i have both pcs on together.  friend made a crossover cable for me.

too much coffee, should switch to tea  lol.  7:20pm here.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • For nodes, you need to have whatever plugins you use installed on the node machine as well as the host. The same for custom leaf sets for your plants, such as you will find in a Howie Farkes scene. I have no problems with locally saved scenes with tons of DAZ content being rendered with nodes. The geometry and image maps are transferred over to the node machine.

Be aware that the node machine's temp file is not cleaned out when the render is done. This can be a blessing and a curse. It can be a blessing because if you render a scene with a node and then later want to open the scene on your main computer, and for some reason the scene is corrupted, or you accidentally trashed it, you can pull the scene out of the node's temp file. The render node not emptying the temp folder is also a curse, because it doesn't take long to get hundreds of Megabytes (or more) of scene files and image maps taking up hard drive space. Remember to empty the temp file!

I don't know where the temp file resides on a PC, but on my Mac nodes, it is in a DAZ 3D folder under Documents.