Looking for a lobster

LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
edited February 2016 in New Users

Not sure where to put this thread. I'm looking for a 3D lobster, preferably a toy one (like the picture attached). Not sure one exists. Might have to make one eventually if I can't find it. I figure with the Little Mermaid craze ages ago, there might be one out there somewhere. 

It's definitely not urgent, LOL. Just trying to find one for a render. I have a character (a little boy) who carries around a stuffed toy lobster. This was inspired by one of my sons who had one as a kid. It would be nice to add it to the scene. 

lobster1.JPG
600 x 600 - 30K
Post edited by Llynara on

Comments

• only one I know of and have is for Carrara frown

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thanks, fool. I figure this might be difficult (or impossible) to find, but doesn't hurt to ask!

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

There's a Poser one here, but probably not worth the price.

edited February 2016

Thanks, that's a nice realistic one by Noggin, and I'm sure there was a lot of work that went into it, but not exactly what I need. Did you see how much the rigged, animated lobster cost? Wow!

I'll keep looking. I have hexagon, blender and some other 3D modeling stuff but have no clue how to use them yet. This might be a good excuse to start learning!

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I thought there was a free one on most-digital-creations (although not rigged I don't think)

Wow, "Thirty feet of primeval terror"! That's hilarious! Love the render with the giant one!

fool said:

Thanks! This one might work: http://www.123dapp.com/123c-3D-Model/Lobster/593572

I'll give a whirl and post how it turned out!

edited February 2016

This one also looks promising, if I can figure out how to get them into DAZ: http://www.123dapp.com/catch/Toy-lobster/4069203

But might be copyright issues, as it looks like a scan of a real toy that could be trademarked.

• You can use 123D catch on the web, or as an app on ipad phone etc, you just need an Autodesk id, is free, you can then download it and export an obj.

the app itself is fun as you can scan things yourself with just a camera, phone or ipad.

as to copyright bit unsure, possibly if you 3D printed and sold it, using it in a a 3D render is really not much different to using a photograph 

• fred9803 said:

There's a Poser one here, but probably not worth the price.

I don't mind paying $30 (a lobster is very important for my current project)Do you know if this will work in DAZ?

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606

There's a cooked lobster in the product Beach cabana . Maybe you could you use it after changing the textures and hiding the antennae? 

• odastein said:

There's a cooked lobster in the product Beach cabana . Maybe you could you use it after changing the textures and hiding the antennae? 

The funny thing is that would be perfect (the lobster in the story is cooked.  Basically a comedic undead lobster)
    But it doesn't seem to be posable...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784

wow it's been a year, hope you find your crustacean buddy soon heart

• We don't like eating bugs unless it came from the ocean.

• FedermannFedermann Posts: 111

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You can use 123D catch on the web, or as an app on ipad phone etc, you just need an Autodesk id, is free, you can then download it and export an obj.

the app itself is fun as you can scan things yourself with just a camera, phone or ipad.

as to copyright bit unsure, possibly if you 3D printed and sold it, using it in a a 3D render is really not much different to using a photograph 

Now that sounds exciting, but on checking it out [link]  "Autodesk is no longer offering 123D" [...] "We are making some changes to simplify our Autodesk portfolio and workflows for people everywhere who love to make things. We are consolidating these tools and features into key apps such as Tinkercad, Fusion 360, and ReCap Pro.". 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited October 2022

Federmann said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

You can use 123D catch on the web, or as an app on ipad phone etc, you just need an Autodesk id, is free, you can then download it and export an obj.

Now that sounds exciting, but on checking it out [link]  "Autodesk is no longer offering 123D" [...] "We are making some changes to simplify our Autodesk portfolio and workflows for people everywhere who love to make things. We are consolidating these tools and features into key apps such as Tinkercad, Fusion 360, and ReCap Pro.". 

this thread is so old it has hairs growing on it

CassLightwing has dragged it up from the dead like the unfound necrotic crustacean

yes 123D catch is long gone, it was a cool app, I miss it 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on