DS 4.5 - Objects not associating to character models - Issue resolved!

xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43

I am encountering a problem with objects being associated with the character models. Pre-4.5, when I had Genesis (for example) selected, then chose hair or clothing, the new item would be automatically associated with the Genesis character.

That is no longer occurring. The new objects appear in the scene, but not associated with the selected character model. I then have to manually "fit" the object to the character, and even that is not working well.

SOLUTION: I not only had to deinstall the content manager, I had to manually delete the CMS Databases directory (and all content). Then, after reinstalling DS 4.5 and CMS, the items autofit correctly.

Post edited by xjadexxx on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It all depends on what Item. But for default load Genesis loads SELECTED and that makes all items you load next Atuofit to it. If you ever Un-Select genesis they stop Autofitting. Try selecting the Genesis in the Scene Tab before loading another item and see if that is the problem. Just clicking once in the empty space will un-select.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,865
    edited December 1969

Can it be that your Content Manager isn't awake or you installed the 4.5 one on a new place? I know DS uses the content manager for this.

I have two systems (one with a fully set content manager) and one that just points to the other systems runtime but with no content in the content manager as I use is mostly just to render (the beauty of .duf files), but adding something to Genesis on the system with a not setup CMS will not fit to so I have to manually do Fit To...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

You can either right-click on the item and choose Fit to, or Fit to in the Parameters tab, or drag the item onto Genesis from the Library instead of double-clicking.

This can happen if CMS is not running or is outdated. When you update DS4 it doesn't uninstall the existing Content Manager -- you need to uninstall that manually, then reinstall DS4.

• xjadexxxxjadexxx Posts: 43
    edited December 1969

If I uninstall the content manager, will I have to reinstall all my content???

edited September 2012

No, the CMS gets reinstalled when you install DS4, your content will be left alone.

ETA: In DS 4.5 go to the Content Library tab, options menu > "Content DB Maintenance > Export User Data" -- that backs up your custom categories to a metadata text file, just in case.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

I have de-installed and reinstalled DS 4.5 and the CMS. The problem still persists. Objects are not auto-fitting/associating to the selected model. I have to do it manually after the fact, and things like the Genesis beard no longer follow the facial morphs.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or are you encountering this problem also?

edited December 1969

Did you reinstall DS4.5 after uninstalling CMS?

edited December 1969

Yes, I uninstalled both, then reinstalled 4.5, which reinstalled CMS. I even uninstalled both, shut down the computer, rebooted, and reinstalled just to make sure caches were cleared, and the problem persists. With 4.5, nothing autofits for me.