a problem with elite 4 gen textures

i have some v4 and m4 elite textures.

i find the v4 ones in the shaders tab and they work fine.

but the m4 ones are in the content tab and they are too specular.

if you go to the shaders tab you see an icon but the file is missing.

i got the:

http://www.daz3d.com/gkd-skin-ultimate-m4

but it didn't help.

shlomi

Comments

• The M4 Elite shaders in the Shader tab probably reference image maps in the Poser runtime Texture folder.

Does Carrara try and load the M4 shaders from the Shader tab and throw out error messages that it can't find this or that image map? Or does Carrara do something else? The more specific the information you can give, the better.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

You need to either buy a set of Carrara shaders for each set of the Elite textures' or,... adjust the Poser shaders (from the content browser) to roughly match the settings in the V4 Carrara shaders you already have.

Once you've adjusted all the shaders for a "character",. you can save that "global shader" to your Carrara "Shaders" in  the browser

When this set of textures was released,. they came with Daz Studio and Poser shaders,. (As most products do) ...a separate set of.Carrara shaders were released as the elite sets expanded.

The GKD M4 Ultimate pack,. provides Carrara "shaders",.for some elite M4 characters,.. (But not texture maps) you need to own or buy the Elite character texture sets,. EG Sol,. Rob etc

the same would apply to any of the Carrara shader packs for figures like Victoria 4 elite. EG: Amy,. Lana,.  Marie,. etc.

you need to have purchased the Elite Character/texture set, which comes with shaders for Poser and Daz Studio and the texture maps.

the Carrara shaders,. load those textures, and apply the (adjusted to suit carrara) settings. so if you don't have the textures. you get a "mising files" error.

Hope that makes sense

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Some Elite shaders come with a Carrara version. Reby Sky comes to mind. I don't know about any others.

I'm also thinking that since Shlomi saw Carrara versions in the Shader tab, that the issue is broken links to the texture maps.

I do think more info would help.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited March 2016

More information always helps :)

but I don't think Reby Sky came with Carrara shaders,....I only see Poser and DS ones

I think GK's shader pack would install the icons for the Carrara shaders for a few of the elite sets,. and those would show in the browser,. but if the textures aren't available in either a Poser or DS runtime ....then the Carrara shader can't load them.

I think the thought at that time was that Carrara users were used to building or adjusting Poser and DS shaders to work better in Carrara,.and wouldn't need a specific set of shaders made for Carrara.,. or something equally stupid.

Still,. learning how to build shaders, and adjust the settings to work well in Carrara is someting that should be learned (IMO) since most of the Poser / DS shaders still don;t mport correctly,. V4 base skin for example is multiplied over a green colour,. simply because that's the mess that Poser works with and Carrara translated that directly.

Carrara doesn't need the Green Multiplied colur,. it only needs the texture maps

many other texture sets don't load the Highlight and Shininess maps or even the Bump maps.. with the translated Poser or DS Shaders.

also,.. things like Reflection (which is normally an image map in Poser / DS shaders,. rather than being correctly set up in Carrara to use the real scene reflections,. and opacity or transparency,. like glass or eyes,. which Carrara shaders are set up to handle,. the poser DS shaders often use Alpha "trans" maps.

ok i'm ranting now . I'll stop here.

:)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

In hindsight, I think I bought the Reby Sky bundle which came with the Carrara shaders...

• thanks you all.

it was a missing file,after a long search in my file tree.

i could point it to the right place, it works for rob & sol so ithink i'm ok.

but i got another thing:

i want to conform a v4 armor to m4, but can't remember how i did it with genesis?

shlomi