How to apply a pose preset?

I'm new to Daz Studio scripting, but experienced with programming. Could someone please give a pointer on what library functions to use to apply a saved pose preset onto a character? Thanks!

Comments

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,181
    edited March 2016

Global::App

DzApp::getContentMgr()

DzContentMgr::findFile()

DzContentMgr::openFile()

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • Thanks Rob! Just out of curiosity, how do you know about these methods? I tried looking for DzContentMgr on the documentation site but couldn't find anything.

Also, I'm assuming that openFile() would require a figure to first be selected? If so, then would you know how to find and select a figure by name?

• Rob knows them because he writes them, or at least is one of the writers. However, loking at the DS3 Scripting docs (which are in the documentation centre) iss till a good way of learning a lot of the basics, though I believe Connect has led to notable changes in the content management objects.

edited March 2016

Just out of curiosity, how do you know about these methods?

Look in the top left corner of the credits on the Help > About Daz Studio screen. Same Rob. ;)

I tried looking for DzContentMgr on the documentation site but couldn't find anything.

I am working (on my own time) on a fairly significant update to the scripting Object Index. DzContentMgr is among the updates. I have quite a bit sitting in a staging area right now and I've been working on it as I can squeeze it in. In the meantime, you can take a look at the DAZ Studio 3 page, which has a package containing the scripting API documentation. 

I'm assuming that openFile() would require a figure to first be selected? If so, then would you know how to find and select a figure by name?

Global::Scene

DzScene::findNode() or DzScene::findNodeByLabel()

If you haven't already, take a look at the various samples I've posted (linked in my signature). I have a number of updates/additions to these pending in the aforementioned staging area as well.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440
    rbtwhiz said:

I am working (on my own time) on a fairly significant update to the scripting Object Index.

-Rob

I just want to quote that to all the people who just keep saying that this company here is all about the money.

You, sir, are definetly part of the soul of this place.  As are you, Richard.

*tips hat*

Thanks for noticing.

BTW, I'm hardly done yet... but you may want to take a peek at the Object Index if you haven't in the last few hours. The list has grown quite a bit.

-Rob