Converting Apollo clothing to Genesis

RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Someone mentioned before converting Girl4 clothing to V4 in Poser with some sort of Clothes program and then somehow importing the figure into DAZ and converting to Genesis.

Does anyone know how this was done and if the same could be done to convert Apollo Max clothing into Genesis?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Girl 4 is a morph of V4 as far as I know, and it should be easy enough to use clothing designed for G4 on V4 by adding the morphs for V4.

Since Appollo is a completely different figure to Genesis, the only way would be to use CrossDresser or Wardrobe Wizard, if either of them have a licence to convert Appollo to Genesis. That is my take on it anyway.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Can be done with CrossDresser. Convert Apollo to m4 and rig the m4 clothing. You will need to by those two licenses or either one.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Does Crossdresser work outside of Poser?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

The CrossDresser is a one-click clothing conversion utility for Poser and Daz Studio. BTW you need a license for the figure you are converting to, Apollo is listed in my version of Cross dresser as a figure to convert from.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Cool. chohole. I was asking mainly for a vendor I know who has a lot of dazzling content that seems more oriented for Apollo and M4.

Their work is BREATH-TAKINGLY realistic but nothing for Genesis.

I was hoping he/she could convert some items and was worried about how hard it might be.

I hope they consider changing some of their stuff over to Genesis.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited December 1969

Wardrobe Wizard is the one built into Poser. CrossDresser is available from EvilInnocence. You may be able to get it at RDNA, bnut you might have to go to their own site.

edited December 1969

Thanks, ssgbryan, but it looks like I will have to use Crossdresser as I don't have Poser loaded on my machine.

But thanks for pointing that out for others who do use Poser and are interested in the same thing.

I appreciate it and I am sure they do too.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Here's something radical to try. I haven't actually done it with clothing (just boots here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6629/), but if you can load up the clothing item, then use deformers to shape it to Genesis, export it as an obj (a prop), then import the obj back into studio and convert it back to a figure, then use the transfer utility to rig it for Genesis. In theory (based on what I did for the boots in the above thread) that might work. I haven't tried this at all with anything other than four pairs of shoes, but the process worked beautifully for 3 of them.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

What a kludge. :D I mean that will totally work, but 1. you will lose any and all morphs (less of an issue with shoes) and 2. it would be much faster to just use a modeling program to do the reshaping of the obj. Of course, if you're familiar with deformers but not with a modeling app, I could see that being an option better than learning one.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

I thought that allot of Anton's clothing for Apollo would be really nice for Genesis but yes, getting it over to that figure if you don't use Poser or own Wardrobe Wizard will be a bit hard. Any of the shoes would be a hassle since they get so krinkled in the conversion. That really needs to be looked at again me thinks.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

Apollo has an Crossdresser license as well.
    http://www.evilinnocence.com/apollo-crossdresser-license.html

-MJ

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

Although in Crossdresser you only need a license for the figure you are converting TO.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    it looks like I will have to use Crossdresser as I don't have Poser loaded on my machine.

Wardrobe Wizard has a standalone version that does not require Poser http://www.philc.net/WardrobeWizard.htm

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

Although in Crossdresser you only need a license for the figure you are converting TO.

Could you use Crossdresser to convert the Apollo clothes for M4, and the use autofit to use the converted clothing with Genesis?

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    MJ007 said:

-MJ

Could you use Crossdresser to convert the Apollo clothes for M4, and the use autofit to use the converted clothing with Genesis?

Yes, exactly. That is what I was thinking.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Do you mean so that you only need to buy one licence?

I don't believe that Autofit would like to convert already converted clothing, but i could be wrong. It might be safer to just buy the other licence :)

edited December 1969

Well, if they licensed it to DAZ, then I am not sure what their complaint is? :/

Anywho, if you used Crossdresser to take something from Apollo to M4, can the newly reshaped mesh be saved in .OBJ format? Does it save it as a Poser figure?

Can't it then be brought into DAZ 4.5 and used by Genesis?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,280
    edited December 1969

GIven that gen3 shoes tend to convert better than shoes for gen4, you might want to consider converting the Apollo stuff to M3 rather than M4. Regardless of program.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited September 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Now, it's my understanding that XDresser is now updated to 4.X .... do the licenses we brought previously work in this version or are we expected to buy them again?

Yes, you will need to repurchase XD3 licenses at a reduced rate.
    http://www.evilinnocence.com/xd-upgrade.html
    $14.95 to upgrade all your existing licenses.

It says, "This only applies to licenses and morph packs purchased through EvilInnocence.com." but I know of numerous people that attached their order numbers from other stores in an email and they were granted XD4 updates for them.

EDIT> And while I agree some had heartburn over the upgrade price, CD4 added more functionality to the conversions as well as revamping the algorithm to make it a much more speedier process. What use to take 20 minutes (shoes usually) take around 4 or 5 minutes for me.

It is almost like a new program with all the revisions. So I am sure this had to be some way to recoup the time spent making a better program.

Post edited by jmper on
    edited December 1969

From my understanding they will look over my past orders that they have on file and send me download links to the updated licenses . I have quite a few actually. SO I paid out the $14.95 and am now waiting for the email to arrive. Hope that Andy looks over the one I just sent him too informing him that DAZ Studio Pro 4.5 is now free so hopefully that may get him a bit more interested in supporting Genesis even if only to make a conversion template for XDresser.

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Well, if they licensed it to DAZ, then I am not sure what their complaint is? :/

Anywho, if you used Crossdresser to take something from Apollo to M4, can the newly reshaped mesh be saved in .OBJ format? Does it save it as a Poser figure?

Can't it then be brought into DAZ 4.5 and used by Genesis?

Yes, the converted files create a new obj file so in theory you can load that up and try to Transfer it to Genesis ... I do agree though, I'd use say M3 since he's flat footed compared to M4 so shoes convert better. Apollo is flat footed iirc. Never understood why DAZ chose to make the Gen 4 default with the feet pointed down.... :ohh: