DMC Mimic Live

Just curious if you can use Mimic Live to make a DMC file the way you used to be able to with Pro. I do have Mimic Lite, but haven't quite learned how to make it yet. Just curious, because I'm thinking the solution to my problem is to give AnimeDoll some real visemes instead.

Comments

• From what i can find it seems like mimic live is just a plug in for real time speach to animation in daz studio, an upgrade for lipsync effectively.

Might be wrong though.

documentation wise i wasn't able to find anything about Mimic live, just mimic

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/mimic/start

I did however find a DMC file for anime doll on Sharecg.

Might help

http://www.sharecg.com/v/49754/browse/9/Plug-in/AnimeDoll-can-now-talk!?interstitial_displayed=Yes

A quick search for mimic related stuff i did come across some references/tutorials to being able to edit/create dmc files in notepad(never use notepad, the invisible formatting options really screw stuff up, use something like notepad++(freeware)), in this forum.

• Thanks!

I do have the dmc file. Using it for the first time yesterday yielded barely talkative results. AnimeDoll doesn't have visemes, so the person that made the dmc did a good job considering. But at the same time AD goes through an entire sentence not moving her lips. Not good.

I've made one dmc file the notepad way, for BelBel, but can't remember just how and can't find the tutorial. However, if I were to make AD's visemes in the same chain as, say, Aiko3's then that could be a matchup.

But was curious anyway. It's a shame Mimic Pro is no longer available and doesn't work with Daz4. It was a real useful tool.

• Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

From what i can tell in research, unless the character has the requisite morph dials, visemes, you're pretty much out of luck using mimic and lip sync anyway.

I think you're going to need to make your own morph dials to get it to work.

Best of luck.

• Tanks anyway.... Sorry for the late rsponse. I've got my settings set to tell me when there are responses and then get no notifications. I'm not a forum person particularly so forget to check manually.

I've been working on dmc files today for Kururu and... it can work. The way the dmc base file is set up, you don't have to tell the file "MouthA" specifically. You tell the dmc "move the mouth doing this then this then this".

The problem I've run into is that the dmc file doesn't say "Phenome A". It says "Phenome 1", and I'm left guessing what is what. With Kururu slightly mimicking the movements is easier because she has some phenomes. But AnimeDoll is another story entirely. I could do it if I only knew what phoenome "Phenome 1" actually was.