Figure missing parts when loaded from runtime library

DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
edited March 2016 in Carrara Discussion

I have the toon gramps character from 3duniverse.  When I load from the default My Daz3D Library Runtime folder, Gramps is missing part of his shoulders and legs.  However, Gramps loads properly in Studio.  Furthermore, if I export Gramps from Studio and then load the DUF in Carrara, the figure will load properly.

Although my immediate concern with loading the Gramps figure is solved, I wonder if this has happened with any other figures?  And, has anyone else had poblems loading the Gramps figure normally.  I'd like a little more information before submitting a support ticket.

Toon Gramps Load 1b.jpg
640 x 480 - 113K
Post edited by Diomede on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    I seem to have read a lot about issues with 3D Universe's 'toon figures in Carrara over the years. Not just C8.5, but even going back to C7 if I recall correctly. It is unfortunate, because I have seen characters that I have liked, but have avoided purchasing them because clearly the PA does something non-standard to the figures. I mean, back in the day, Studio and Carrara used the standard Poser style figures with rigging and morphs, so if it was built properly, it should have worked across the board, with only the standard shader issues.
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited March 2016

Hi diomede,

I couldn't replicate your problem gramps..

All good Carrara 8.5Pro on windows 10 here.

gramps.jpg
    576 x 569 - 42K
    Post edited by Stezza on