Genesis 3 Female for Genesis 2 Female(s)

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI Eddy :)

If you mean,. can this be used to work with Genesis 3 clothing in Carrara 8.5,. then, no,. it's a "clone shape" for genesis 2, to make gen 2 look like , and "fit to" gen3 shape.

Genesis 3 figures and clothing cannot work in Carrara 8.5 (yet),. they have different bone structures, morphing and weighting from previous figures, and those new features need to be added to carrara , without breaking anything else,. before we can use Gen3

:)

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365

Thanks for that info!
    I already knew about the issues of G3 and C8.5, but <I thought, that could have been a way to use the G3 clothing in some way

So keeping hoping and praying for C9. The common wishlist gets longer day by day. wink

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Hi Eddy and 3DAGE, it's being a long time I had not entered this forum. I was checking it to see if changes were made and this thread title made me look it.

3DAGE's answer implied Genesis 2 works on Carrara surprise, never had tried, so I went there and checked my heart going boum, boum, boum as in Solsbury Hill, Peter Gabriel's song.

Imported one of my G2F characters created in D|S and flawlesly was there.

Flawlesly?

Nope crying

As I slowly lifted up her skirt I saw that geograft is not working yet... the UV map of her expensive product I bought with the Pro Character does not work, it is still scrambled as is still G1's... will they ever work? Will all them three work if someday G3 works in Carrara? And their male counterparts? Has somebody fixed this?

Gratefully D|S works very well laugh but I miss Carrara.

3DAGE PD:

I used your Orange street the other day as a background for an image. Did the G3Fs in iRay and the shop in Carrara. Posted it in my Renderosity gallery. Searched your product in the shop right now and have not seen it. Where did it go? It was a fantastic product and I am very happy to have it.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365

Hello Jerife!

Nice to see you again yes

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Cheers Eddie! Glad to see you toowink

• LinkRSLinkRS Posts: 168
    3DAGE said:

HI Eddy :)

If you mean,. can this be used to work with Genesis 3 clothing in Carrara 8.5,. then, no,. it's a "clone shape" for genesis 2, to make gen 2 look like , and "fit to" gen3 shape.

Genesis 3 figures and clothing cannot work in Carrara 8.5 (yet),. they have different bone structures, morphing and weighting from previous figures, and those new features need to be added to carrara , without breaking anything else,. before we can use Gen3

:)

Howdy,

What has worked for me (thus far) is to fit the Genesis 3 clothes to Genesis 2 using DAZ Studio, saving as a scene subset, and then loading up in Carrara.  If you just drop the Geneiss 3 clothes on Genesis 2 in Carrara, they don't follow the model, and stay in zero position :-(

Rich S.