Attractive Older Female Figures.

I notice that when Daz does present a model described as mature it generally has the same problems that Hollywood has when they try to guess what someone would look like in their 40's, 50's, or later is to make them look waaaay older than the person would look in real life.  For instance Cindy Crawford at 50 is gorgeous,  Kim Bassinger at 60 looks great, and Helen Mirren at 70 can put a lot of girls to shame, yet there aren't any attractive Daz models with any age to them, and the age morphing apps are terrible.

C'mon Daz  all older women don't look like hags.

Comments

• How old do you think Victoria 7 is? I suspect she's actually a lot older than some folks think, to be honest.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

I think all Genesis 3 characters (except for the teens and unrealisc ones like The Girl and Guy,) look like they are in their late 20s/early 30s to me.

If I had to assign ages it would probably go like this:

Bethany - 28

Eva - 27

Victoria - 26

Arabella - 152 (She's a vampire!)

Leo - 29

Gia - 31

Gianni - 29

Michael - 28

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Most of the supermodel types on the DAZ site, men and women, I take to be +30 & -45, the faces are too gaunt; but LMAO, white hair and wrinkles and you get called a hag & only if you are a woman?

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

DEFINITELY support this. With the exception of Joanie for Genesis 2, all the characters have looked late 20's at most.

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    colinmac2 said:

DEFINITELY support this. With the exception of Joanie for Genesis 2, all the characters have looked late 20's at most.

Yeah, the Joanie figure was definitely a step in the right direction.

Most of the supermodel types on the DAZ site, men and women, I take to be +30 & -45, the faces are too gaunt; but LMAO, white hair and wrinkles and you get called a hag & only if you are a woman?

No the men don't look much better in this regard.  Where is that older Sean Connery,  Sam Elliot type of cool older guy?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899

This is why I love aging morphs. Just add a touch of weight and age, and you can make characters look a bit more mature (and, IMO, more realistic).

edited March 2016

This is why I love aging morphs. Just add a touch of weight and age, and you can make characters look a bit more mature (and, IMO, more realistic).

I guess I need to see some examples of people using the aging morphs because the pics on the adverts don't make me inclined to give them a try.  It looks like going from zero to 100 with no inbetween. LoL.

Wrinkles are not the only indications of age. 

main-aging-details-hd-for-genesis-aging-morphs-daz3d.jpg
    960 x 1248 - 158K
    Post edited by nelsonsmith on

Something along the lines of the Dr. Chakwas character from the Mass Effect games would be fantastic.

doctor-chakwas-effect-2-screenshot-character.jpg
    800 x 855 - 154K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited March 2016

I think I've said this in another similar thread but I've seen modern pictures of Tibetians and Romanians less than 20 and some barely 10 with the wrinkles of a 45 year old and then you have to qualify that with 'the wrinkles of some 45 years olds'. Of course their size and shape was a give away they weren't yet 20. Ah, the wonders of having a former professional mountain climber as a brother-in-law. 

I happen to think the above package is pretty good from Zev0 and would buy it for Genesis 3. However I'd let the morphs and the lighting do the work, I wouldn't try to compound the realism with skin textures and bumpmaps from a person that age with unusually blemished or rough skin.

And the Dr Chatwas is a good individualized, average example.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • I think I've said this in another similar thread but I've seen modern pictures of Tibetians and Romanians less than 20 and some barely 10 with the wrinkles of a 45 year old and then you have to qualify that with 'the wrinkles of some 45 years olds'. Of course their size and shape was a give away they weren't yet 20. Ah, the wonders of having a former professional mountain climber as a brother-in-law. 

I happen to think the above package is pretty good from Zev0 and would buy it for Genesis 3. However I'd let the morphs and the lighting do the work, I wouldn't try to compound the realism with skin textures and bumpmaps from a person that age with unusually blemished or rough skin.

And the Dr Chatwas is a good individualized, average example.

In the cases mentioned of people that are wrinkled but not "old", it has a lot to do with the lifestyle they lead and environment they live in; a person that does everything they can to avoid sun exposure is going to look younger than someone that's constantly exposed to it. It's also why more modern folks tend to not look as old as their parents and grandparents did when they reach the same age; this is why I happen to disagree with Toyen's age ranking above, since it is likely based on the apparent age of people, not their actual age. Like you, I've seen people that look much different than their actual age, but mostly in the opposite direction, meaning that they look much younger than they really are.