Looking for suitable teen-wear for story

Comments

• BarricBarric Posts: 24

I write stories and occasionally I want to create the characters in my story. Recently I did the Adult male and female but I ran into trouble with the teen. I see the outfit I want her to wear but everything shows WAY to much T and A for a teen. Not only that, boots are a problem as I don't see anyone climbing a mountain in high heels or running across a waste land. I have searched all that I can for the outfits I want for my figures.

I guess what I'm asking is how limited is the access to conservative clothing and practical clothing?  You're not going to wear a scuba out fit to climb a mountain or slay a dragon, while it is a possibility.

• Split to its own thread in Product Suggestions since it wasn't related to the new forum thread and is a post looking fior content suggestions.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,229
    edited March 2016

Take a look at Vendor Dogz. He creates practical everyday clothing. His clothing is very well modeled and has lots of adjusting and style morphs. Many items are suitable for teens. Some are even school related clothing. Mall Girl comes with ankle boots. Remember that clothing is designed for a particular generation of Daz character. Clothing for another generation will have to be autofit, which sometimes works well, and other times not so well. If you go back more than one generation, you may have to purchase autofitting clones in the Daz store. For example. if you want to fit Genesis clothing to Genesis 3, you need a product like Wear Them All, which works pretty well.

Post edited by barbult on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,067

What type of clothes are you looking for? Everyday clothing, fantasy (since you mentionned dragons), sci-fi, other?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

A couple of freebies to help you on your way...

https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/

http://www.sharecg.com/beat578

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    Barric said:

I write stories and occasionally I want to create the characters in my story. Recently I did the Adult male and female but I ran into trouble with the teen. I see the outfit I want her to wear but everything shows WAY to much T and A for a teen. Not only that, boots are a problem as I don't see anyone climbing a mountain in high heels or running across a waste land. I have searched all that I can for the outfits I want for my figures.

I guess what I'm asking is how limited is the access to conservative clothing and practical clothing?  You're not going to wear a scuba out fit to climb a mountain or slay a dragon, while it is a possibility.

Which figures are you using? My main characters are Genesis and Gen2, and I haven't had much trouble finding ordinary clothing for them, including low-heeled boots (but I'll always want more). Add a couple of fabric and leather texture packs and you can create a whole wardrobe out of a few base outfits.

• BarricBarric Posts: 24

I'm using Gen 2 for the teen. I'm looking for something that looks like light leather armor with boots that are not high heel. Iron age type of clothing.

The cloths would be along the fantasy line

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,453
    edited March 2016
    Barric said:

I'm using Gen 2 for the teen. I'm looking for something that looks like light leather armor with boots that are not high heel. Iron age type of clothing.

The cloths would be along the fantasy line

ShieldMaiden has a flat boot,  and there is a texture addon for Sheildmaiden that has a decent leather texture called Brynhildr.  Might work.  

http://www.daz3d.com/brynhildr

I used an opacity map to shorten the skirt make it look more like a tunic.

brynhildleather.jpg
    463 x 600 - 89K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on