Remove/Reset LIE masks and layers

Is there a way to remove the LIE masks/layers applied to a surface?

Comments

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
    edited June 2017

this is what i really want to know too for scripting. I need a script that removes a layer based on name.

Post edited by SF-Design on
  • EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

In my experience, removing or reordering layers doesn't really work. What you can do is create a new L.I.E. based on the current one, excluding and reordering as you please, and replace the texture channel in the shader with the new layered image. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Esemwy said:

In my experience, removing or reordering layers doesn't really work. What you can do is create a new L.I.E. based on the current one, excluding and reordering as you please, and replace the texture channel in the shader with the new layered image. 

I concur...it often doesn't work right to just reorder an existing one.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited May 2021

If it's to remove some of the multiple layers applied by a user, I wouldn't know. But you can still make a LIE remover. If a face has one or more LIE applied. Simply remove all LIE manually. And then File > Save As > Material Preset. Uncheck All. And save only what had LIE layers applied.

Elements of the answer through this script I guess ?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/images/create_layered_image_backdrop/start

Post edited by hansolocambo on