Lorellin - Iray Shader Problem

Alright, lets see where to begin on this. I just came back to DS after not making art for over a year, so I'm learning it all at the moment. Therefor I don't know if its an error I keep making or if there is something wrong with the product, lol. I purchased: http://www.daz3d.com/lorellin-for-genesis-3-female and I'm noticing an issue with the skin when I use a certain part of the product.

It has a button for full body mat, I click that. Then I choose eyes, makeup, etc. Normal stuff there. Now at the top it has two options that say Lorellin All Mat 3Delight and Lorellin All Mat Iray Legacy. On the thumbnails it states: Apply after selecting all other options. Well I'm using Iray so after I click all the other stuff, I click the iray shader, and then render and that breaks it. The arms and legs are suddenly a different color from the rest of it. You can see in this quick image I made as an example: https://i.gyazo.com/d9246296035dc9cce92f072063b6adc5.jpg

Am I not supposed to use an Iray Legacy shader? Is that different from a normal Iray shader? I don't see any other Iray shader options in here. Is it already on her? She's far darker without it, so I don't understand that. I love the way the face and whatnot come out after clicking that, but cannot figure out why the legs and arms are not changing to match the torso/head.

Let me do another test before I post this....

Okay if I do the full load in the characters folder it doesn't have that issue, but the skin is darker. Also if I do it manually piece by piece onto g3, it doesn't do that as long as I don't click the shader (and the skin is still darker). So its this shader. Is it for an older version of DS? I have a feeling I'm not supposed to click that but I really do like the way it comes out... *clicks it more*

What is this shader and why does it hate me so?

Comments

• MizzieMizzie Posts: 5

Aha and figures, I find another post AFTER I make mine of someone mentioning legacy being for 4.7 and 4.8. I'm using 4.9. Well guess I can't use that button then. Suppose I'll have to figure out how to lighten up the skin myself to get that look. Comes out that dark in any lighting I've had up. I'm sure I'll figure it out with enough fiddling.

• There should probably be a third set of materials which will be for 4.9+ Iray.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074
    edited March 2016

I think Lorellin will load with the base Iray mat /shader for 4.9. At any rate, see the attached screen cap (Lorellin All Mat on the far right). The attached render is Lorellin with Khory's Scintillant lights. No makeup, just the base shader. There is a more complete render of Lorellin in my gallery. She is in shadow in that render, but I stil think the skin isn't too dark.

Capture.PNG
    441 x 923 - 262K
    Lorellin test Iray 90%.png
    600 x 900 - 307K
    Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • MizzieMizzie Posts: 5
    edited March 2016

Mm, mine doesn't come out that way still. Its more like tanned skin. I get that orange-look all over like is shown on the legs in my example (even with lights added). Thats why I was trying to figure that shader out because it gave the look I liked, on the head/torso. I still have a lot to learn so I'm sure its just something like that. I have Khory's lights, not sure if I tried them yet on her, so I'll do that ^_^ Thanks!

Post edited by Mizzie on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

The color on the torso of your example is the correct base shade. If I understand correctly, that was the Lorellin All Mat shader as I used in my example.

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

The lighter results you are getting in your screenshot of the torso/face is how it should be loading by default. All the mat files are for iray 4.9 with the 'legacy' preset being for older version for people who didnt upgrade yet. I am wondering if the gamma settings somehow got messed up on your arms/legs maybe thats the only thing i can think of. Sorry you are having issues I cant replicate this so am scratching my head on this one. 

• The problem Mizzie is having with Lorellin I am also having....I am using Daz 4.8. And unfortunately I am having the same problem with http://www.daz3d.com/gemma-for-genesis-3-female. I'm new to Iray so I don't understand what's happening here.....