Upgrading from DAZ 4.6 Pro to DAZ 4.9 Pro!

I have a few questions here and I am little afraid to upgrade to the latest version

and don't want to mess things up with my work etc and loos everything!

I have it install like this "E:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe

E:\Users\Alf\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\

I never used the download manager cause it installed my stuff somewhere else,

so I manually install everything so I know where to find it!

Maybe where is a page with all information about how to upgrade to new version

and not mess things up!

It would be nice to have the new version but I am afraid to loos everything

if I do things wrong!

Thanks for understanding and all help I can get!

Lovely program and it is magic what you can do with it!

Alf

Do I have to uninstall my version first or can I just download the new version and

then install it so it get into place instead if the old version!

Comments

• You can set the paths the Install manager uses in its preferences - click the gear at top-right of the main screen, then go to the Installation tab. You'd set the path for 64 bit software (assumign you have a 64 bit OS) to E:\Program Files\ at the top and add E:\Users\Alf\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ as an install path for content using the + button, then set it as the preferred path.

You can install the non-beta version of 4.9 using a standalone isntaller and it will replace your current version. However, you will want to run the Valentina to PostgeSQL conversion tool if you have used Smart Content or Categories at all as I think you will be using Valnetina at the moment and 4.9 requires PostgreSQL (which repalkced valentina as it was much less prone to corruption).

• Alfhak712Alfhak712 Posts: 94

You can set the paths the Install manager uses in its preferences - click the gear at top-right of the main screen, then go to the Installation tab. You'd set the path for 64 bit software (assumign you have a 64 bit OS) to E:\Program Files\ at the top and add E:\Users\Alf\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ as an install path for content using the + button, then set it as the preferred path.

You can install the non-beta version of 4.9 using a standalone isntaller and it will replace your current version. However, you will want to run the Valentina to PostgeSQL conversion tool if you have used Smart Content or Categories at all as I think you will be using Valnetina at the moment and 4.9 requires PostgreSQL (which repalkced valentina as it was much less prone to corruption).

Thanks!

I know I have smart content but not sure about " to run the Valentina to PostgeSQL conversion tool" never heard about it!

Where do I find this tool "requires PostgreSQL" and how do I run it?

Alf

• PostgreSQL itself has a stand-alone installer here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869 but I don't see the conversion tool so you may have to use DIM to get that.

PostgreSQL itself has a stand-alone installer here https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869 but I don't see the conversion tool so you may have to use DIM to get that.

Hm!

"have to use DIM to get that" I am lost! Help! Where do I get DIM and what is it?

Alf

• DIM = Daz Install Manager.

Thanks!

Now I will try to see if I can upgrade!

Cheers!

Alf