Fresh Install of Daz

Hello, I recently had to wipe my hard drive and put Window10 on.  I've done a fresh install of Daz Studio 4.9 and started reinstalling all my content.  When I tried to use V7 I got a message that needed to install a shader. I don't remember having to do that when I first installed V7 and I can't find that shader in the DIMM. Not sure what to do now.  Any help will be appreciated.

1.jpg
442 x 291 - 28K

Comments

• That's the Age of Armour SSS shader - it is in the Default Resources zip.

• Hi Richard,

Thank you for responding,  I did install the Default Resources, I even verified that it was install via the DIM.  So confused now :(

• And you are using DS 4.9.1.whatever?

• Yes it is the latest DS 4.9 I'm not at home to see what it is exactly but will be in about a half hour.

• I have 4.9.1.30 installed  :)  Is there a way I can manually install the Default Resources?

• I found the directory where the Default Resources zip file was save and manually loaded the shader into the dircorty and now it works.  Seems not everything in the default Resources loaded into Studio from the DIM

• Some files need to go in the applications folder, so a manual install would be tricky. If you find the Default resources package (which is updated for this version of DS) in Install manager is it onl;y in the Installed tab, and if you click the triangle button to the right of its row and then Show Installed Files are they in your content or application folders or somewhere else?

• It shows they were installed but yet when I looked in the actual directory on my computer the file was not there.  I did manually put it there and V7 now works as expected.