Rendering ?

Does having a faster disk drive reduce render time. 

Can you allocate more memory to Daz Rener?

Why is there such a startling difference the the output of iray and 3Delight. 

Is the Poser Render Engine faster than the Daz Render Engine.   How about Carrara vs Daz. 

Any help with rendering (What parameter that can turn off to speed up rendering)

If there is a good reference on this subject just refer me to it. 

How can I trade Daz Figures with Poser?

Comments

• Disc speed may help if your physical memory is unable to store the scene data as swapping to disc will be less slow, but that's not a desirable situation to be in.

No, you can't - at least not in Windows.

Iray and 3Delight are very different engines, and require different set-ups when you are trying to achieve similar ends.

Poser Firefly can render soem thinsg faster than 3Delight, and vice versa. I'm not sure how Iray and the new Superfly engine compare.

Genesis and Genesis 2 can be used in recent versions of Poser with the DSON Importer. Genesis 3 does not go into Poser without some loss of qualaity and isn't officially supported, though there are workarounds. Older figures work in Poser and DS.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    moseleycw said:

Does having a faster disk drive reduce render time. 

Can you allocate more memory to Daz Rener?

Why is there such a startling difference the the output of iray and 3Delight. 

Is the Poser Render Engine faster than the Daz Render Engine.   How about Carrara vs Daz. 

Any help with rendering (What parameter that can turn off to speed up rendering)

If there is a good reference on this subject just refer me to it. 

How can I trade Daz Figures with Poser?

posers "superfly" engine is built off of Blenders "cycles" engine: