Carrara Practice Animation group , animator help wanted?

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited March 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Guys,

Some of you may know a group of Carrara users are trying to create a small animation(for fun) in preparation for a CG Society Contest, we have all the modeling done now thanks to a great group of modelers and are starting the animation part .  I have animated a bunch of the scenes but was wondering if anyone else would  like to do a scene.   Here is the storyline here Indestructible Balloon . No storyboard just a description of the scenes. We need scenes 6-9 to be animated or you could do one of the others if you want to as well and upload the  final animations here   .   Here is a Draft Animation- of the clips so far, it is very rough , no shadows just very quick renders, I will upload a better animation with more clips in a day or so.   See below for more links if you want to help out.

The main  Modeling Assets page is here. you can find individual models here.

The Living room model is here. Model

You can find the Character rig here  The rigged figure has a couple of issues.  1.  Don't click the Left shoulder with the "T" key as it will contort the skeleton . Fix - use the "R' key to select and rotate the left shoulder.

#2. The eyes sometimes don't follow the head.  Fix- select "Boy" mesh and go to VM room\Animation tab and double click eye to select both eyes . Go to Morph tab/Morph area list and click the Eye morph area.  Exit vm room and play the animation , It should work now.

Upload your final animations here   The animations are to be rendered at 1280x720, 24fps .  You can compress your final animations down to a manageable size

Let me know if you have any questions.

Post edited by mmoir on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Wow. Very cool.

FYI: The link to the Modelling Assets page takes you in under Edit mode, which is perfect for updating the list. So if you want to use the links, go to the upper right corner and change the "Editing Mode" button to "View Mode"

Hmmm... I went to join the Team at Carrarators forum and my user name doesn't exist. So I went to make a new account and I can't answer the final verification question properly so I can't get in. "What is the currency of the united states?" I tried USD, dollars, american dollars... and now I gave up.

Looks really cool and I'm fine with the written form of scene direction. Do you have a .CAR file with that render setting applied to it? Looks really cool! Maybe I'll find it as I try digging through the Team stuff at Carrarators.

I'm just about to do a final render session of an excellent (well, in my opinion) spherical map for being in the heart of a big city, using layers and layers of your (mmoir) Low Poly Background City from your BF Landscapes Kit. I could add the map to the assets collection if you'd like it for this. It's meant to work great for window fillers if you want to do a scene in the heart of a city. The camera was set to be really high up in an apartment complex or office building....

I have several render options set up for the final outputs. Nice and bright, sunny, not so bad part of the city; Dingy, dark, damp feeling version, and an animated version with rain and lightning.

This is a render using the scene that will create the final renders with some of my more often used post effects that have great animation functions. I do apply these into animations, so I thought it would be best to use some of them in this still image, but I went really exaggerated for this one. I can make them super subtle or way out there... really neat stuff! :)

Click image for 1280 x 720

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Hey Dart, 

For the password at Carrarators it was just  "dollars" from what I recall. Here is the Model  which is  the living room scene which has the render settings, it is just a Toon and realistic mix .  If you want to animate the bedroom dartboard scene you will need the bedroom/dartboard Models from the    Modeling Assets page   and change to the toon setting to match the living room scene.(thanks to Roygee fot the bedroom scene.)

Wow. Very cool.

FYI: The link to the Modelling Assets page takes you in under Edit mode, which is perfect for updating the list. So if you want to use the links, go to the upper right corner and change the "Editing Mode" button to "View Mode"

Hmmm... I went to join the Team at Carrarators forum and my user name doesn't exist. So I went to make a new account and I can't answer the final verification question properly so I can't get in. "What is the currency of the united states?" I tried USD, dollars, american dollars... and now I gave up.

Looks really cool and I'm fine with the written form of scene direction. Do you have a .CAR file with that render setting applied to it? Looks really cool! Maybe I'll find it as I try digging through the Team stuff at Carrarators.

Wow, Dart,.  I knew those buildings looked familiar, good stuff and great looking render. . 

I'm just about to do a final render session of an excellent (well, in my opinion) spherical map for being in the heart of a big city, using layers and layers of your (mmoir) Low Poly Background City from your BF Landscapes Kit. I could add the map to the assets collection if you'd like it for this. It's meant to work great for window fillers if you want to do a scene in the heart of a city. The camera was set to be really high up in an apartment complex or office building....

I have several render options set up for the final outputs. Nice and bright, sunny, not so bad part of the city; Dingy, dark, damp feeling version, and an animated version with rain and lightning.

This is a render using the scene that will create the final renders with some of my more often used post effects that have great animation functions. I do apply these into animations, so I thought it would be best to use some of them in this still image, but I went really exaggerated for this one. I can make them super subtle or way out there... really neat stuff! :)

Click image for 1280 x 720

Cool! Thanks!

I'm downloading everything so I have it.

I was wondering if you might like to use that spherical map for his windows? Right now he's living in the country, which is very cool, and I love the outdoor scenery. This was just another option, if you'd like. Anyways... if the team is interested, I'll be happy to upload the map. Thanks for the compliment, by the way! I love those buildings (and the entire BMF Landscape setup)!

Yup. "dollars" doesn't work. Bummer.

Then it probably was just "dollar" no s.

Yup. "dollars" doesn't work. Bummer.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Hi Dart, as I can see, you are subscribed on Carrarators, you are very very welcome !

Today is sunday and I made a test for the 5th scene: http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?topic=319.msg1817;topicseen#new

Locking forward for others...

Hey Dudu,

I added your animation clip to the room and rendered it out and added it to what I have done so far.   The attached animation shows the animation so far,  we just have to animate the last couple of scenes with the dart board and ending.  Of course we need to add the sound and Opening title  which will hopefully pull it all together.  I think it is looking pretty good so far , we just need to finish it off.