Realistic Sky presets not displaying in Scene Wizard

jack 4Djack 4D Posts: 28
edited March 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Hi. When I click the Atmosphere presets button and bring up Realistic Sky, all the presets display in the Scene Wizard window w/ a blank white sky above a horizon. They render fine but there's no thumbnail preview of what I'm selecting. I'm running C8.5 Pro. Any ideas, anyone, as to what might be the problem?

Screen shot attached.

sceneWizard-2016-03-27-at-6.40.24-PM.jpg
571 x 670 - 36K
Post edited by jack 4D on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Hmmm... They're not totally blank. You have the ground and there looks to be a display of atmospheric effects with the ground. I agree something isn't right, but the generic icons look nothing like that.

What is your computer platform of choice? What OS version? Have you updated recently? Etc.

• jack 4Djack 4D Posts: 28

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's only the sky portion above the horizon line that appears to be white (I did notice the atomospheric effects on the ground). I'm running OS X 6.8 on a MacPro. I have an earlier version of Carrara (C6 Pro) in which I'm able to view the Realistic Sky presets without a problem.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    Have you tried repairing permissions?
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

The Realistic Sky preset thumbnails have looked like that since Carrara 8 was first released. (At least on the Mac version. I'm not sure about Windows).

The problem has been reported numerous times (even during the beta testing), but has been ignored. I think that most of us who have reported this issue have given up on it ever being fixed.

edited March 2016
    Have you tried repairing permissions?

I had repaired disk permissions and was going to try resetting my preferences in Carrara when I saw the next post. But thank you for trying to help me w/ this.

de3an said:

The Realistic Sky preset thumbnails have looked like that since Carrara 8 was first released…

Ah. Well at least I know the problem is not on my end. Thanks for clarifying.

Post edited by jack 4D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hmmm.  The realistic sky presets appear normal on my system.  Carrara 8.5 Pro, windows 8, installed Carrara using the DIM, but to a custom location.

realistic sky presets.JPG
    979 x 494 - 59K
    diomede said:

Hmmm.  The realistic sky presets appear normal on my system.  Carrara 8.5 Pro, windows 8, installed Carrara using the DIM, but to a custom location.

Maybe it's only a problem on Mac as de3an surmised. Thanks for your input.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm on a Mac and I see the same as Jack  --  plain white over grass for all the icons.