Disassemble figure?

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to "disassemble" a figure? For example, I want to use Nearme's eyes on a Genesis figure. I would rather not have to make the rest of her invsable and "line her up" with the head.

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Unless it is an actual morph for Genesis then no unfortunately. Hiding the rest of the figure and lining up or post work is the only solution.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,841
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to "disassemble" a figure? For example, I want to use Nearme's eyes on a Genesis figure. I would rather not have to make the rest of her invsable and "line her up" with the head.

Depends on what you mean with "eyes". Is it the texture then you can use it. Is it a morph maybe you can translate it with Generation-X?

/ Totte

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,064
    edited December 1969

Gen-X doesnt support nearme figure.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Just use Hexagon to remove or copy the body parts you need.

I could not think of any better way to say this without it sounding like an intent to commit murder

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

So, I can't delete the arms and legs, etc at all?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If you make NearMe's eyes in to props, you can import them and parent to Genesis's eyes (which you have made invisible). You need make each eye a separate prop and parent them individually to the corresponding Genesis eye.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

I want to use Nearme's eyes on a Genesis figure.

Do you mean the just eyeballs, or also the eyelids?

Do you want them on the Genesis face, or would you prefer to have the whole head on Genesis?

Anything you want to attach to Genesis would have to be weight mapped, I think, and Genesis morphs won't have been made for those parts.

You might want to make morphs for the Genesis arms and legs, instead.

Are you wanting to keep as much Genesis as possible, to use existing morphs? Or you just want the look of a mixed figure?

Because it sounds like it'd be a lot less work to weight-map Nearme, and learn how to make morphs for her.

But you might be aiming to build certain skill sets with this project.

I have a lot of questions for someone with no answers, heh.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Haha, nono it's much simpler than that! I've been trying to make a good anime-esque figure using Hitomi, but the eyes (pupils, etc) are really off. I think it's the fundamental design of the Genesis eyeball that's the issue (it's modeled after a real eye). Many of the japanese standalone figures have wide planmanes with textures on them for eyes, and I think that might be essential for a real anime-level eye. If you are familiar with nearme you will know her actual eyeball has a couple of morphs to shrink/grow the pupil to give that really excellent anime quality "OH SHI--" look. The quality of that eye expression is lost on Nearme because she's so gosh darn cute. I can't bring myself to put that little tyke in any scary situations!

Joking aside, I've managed to attach Nearme's eyes to my Hitomi figure. I'll show a few renders when I get home. Unfortunately, I had to export them as OBJ and lost the morphs I was trying to maintain T_T. I may just give up and create my own and make it a freebie or something.