Carrara Practice group animation done, just need sound and Titles/credits.

mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
edited April 2016 in Carrara Discussion

Hey Guys,

An update to our practice animation project , the animation is done but we now just need to add the sound , titles and credits> So if anyone is interested in taking a crack at doing this , please do go for it .  I have the files you need below. 

The video file in zip format with no sound for you to use  is here.

Here is the storyboard or description of the story to help you with the dialogue.  Feel free to improvise this if you want. 

And here is the video on youtube.  If you have any questions let me know, I think with the sound this will look pretty good and thanks to all who participated so far. 

Post edited by mmoir on

Comments

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I will see what I can do this weekend.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821

Sounds good, 

Mike can you make it an AVI for me. I need to fix my MP4 codec.

I will have to test things out,  when I save it to AVI I am pretty sure the file size will go way up (400 mb) which is a little impracticle to upload

Chickenman,   Would a  .wmv format work for you, I can get it to a reasonable size/quality. .  Let me know or you could download a free video converter to convert the original file from mpeg to avi.  If anyone knows of a good converter we are all ears.

thanks

My daughter has Adobe Premiere so I am trying it on that in the MP4.

Here id my take on the sound sofar.

https://youtu.be/c9ldroGX_ls

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Really nice job guys. Very nicely done!

My critique on the credits would be that they're way to large. The largeness of the title for the short film is fine- it fits the subject (although I expected to see an exclamation point after Bang), but the rest of the credits should be about half that size in my opinion.

I'm also not really a fan of the freeze-frame at the start of the film. I'm not sure what would work best there, maybe the same scene, but instead of a freeze frame, have it animated. A looping animation that ends where the movement begins could work. That or titles over concept art, color gradients or even a black screen would look better.

These are just my opinions, so take them as you will. I don't want to detract from the great job that you did.

Thanks for the reply. It was just a first quick sound and title check. all feed back welcome

edited April 2016

Chickenman,  Great job on thisyes.  I like the music and font style choice and color. I agree with evilproducer about the exclamation point being used  and the secondary credits being smaller.  I am thinking of recording the dialogue I had originally planned in my "Kid " voice which sucks  and maybe you could add this to the video.  If anyone has a son or can impersonate a kid well , here are the lines we will need that I was going to try and record, my kid voice sucks so anyone feel free to try this. .

time : 10sec in.   Just after  the package of balloons lands on the table,  the boy says.   " What's this."    

Time : 13sec in  boy says  "Unbreakable  balloons ,  we'll see about that."

Time : 38 sec in  boy says  " Darn it."

Time :  57sec in boy says   "lets see how you like this Mr balloon."

Time :1:08 sec in boy says   "Okay balloon, meet your doom."

Time 1:15 sec in boy says  "Wow, it really is indestructable."

Chickenman,  I will post the link when my voice recordings are done. 

Here is the link to the voice files.

Post edited by mmoir on

I will see about adding it and changing some other details as well.

Now that I have my normal Pinnicle Studio program recognizing MP4s again I can use it as I am much mor familiar withit than Adobe Premier that my daughter has.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very nice so far! Very nice!