Background map!

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I got a nagging issue in HEX! I have a background set up. NOT IN or on the BACKGROUND Proper but on object so I can model my f-4 corectly! The OBJECT started out as one big object that I assigned the BLUEPRINTS to then CHOPPED it up and use it like seen here. AND it work great.

But everytime I reopen it I have to FLIP the image to set it back right! SEE IMAGE!

Whats up with that! I set the original correctly

bgimagehex.jpg
800 x 444 - 214K

Comments

• edited December 1969

Known bug.

DAZ might not think it's a bug, but IT'S A BUG!!! :-)

The only workaround I found was obvious but irritating: Flip your texture files in an image editor so that they're upside down - then hex will flip them rightside up when it loads them.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Known bug.

DAZ might not think it's a bug, but IT'S A BUG!!! :-)

The only workaround I found was obvious but irritating: Flip your texture files in an image editor so that they're upside down - then hex will flip them rightside up when it loads them.

Sounds very irritating.

• hiker_1hiker_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

off-topic, b ut where did you get the nice 3-view of the double ugly?

also, just a hint, you may want to try out the gordon surface tool - it greatly simplifies the shape of the fuselage and even the wings....

• StubbyStubby Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can find some really cool blue prints and vectors here:

http://www.the-blueprints.com/

• edited December 1969

hiker_1 said:
    off-topic, b ut where did you get the nice 3-view of the double ugly?

also, just a hint, you may want to try out the gordon surface tool - it greatly simplifies the shape of the fuselage and even the wings....

HUM I will give that a try! I have just always gone basically poly by poly. I may restart and try that the more I think of it. AS far as the Blueprints I found the best resource I have found even better than that BLUE-PRINT site and its free! OF course its form RUSSIA! Go figure its

http://www.airwar.ru/

Its all in russian and you have to guess at what your aircraft is but its the best site i have found yet! The only issue I have is that at least with the one o used here for the UGKY f-4 is that the CROSS SECTIONS didn't quite match up to the side, top, and front views. But they were a great guids

• edited December 1969

ALso a hard issue to consider while thinking of how to set the F4 up is the Air intakes! sort of in the middle its attached to the main body but then separates

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

When you uvmap the plane that the image is to be placed onto there is a option to swap uv's there which will get your texture the right way up and it will stay that way.

The option to flip texture horizontally or vertically in the material settings is bugged.

• edited December 1969

Hey I am aware of the bugs but I still think for the money Hexagon In my opinion is a first class modeler! I will never use but of a fraction of what it is capable of! I have had Lightwave 8 for 5 years now and never even open it any longer! I did some simple Modeling work in it and it felt like I was signing a check with my wrong hand.

Also any TUTORIAL your gunna a see like on youtube in any modeler such as MAYA translates over into Hex very easily!