Problem installing Studio 4.5

So, I decided to take the plunge and go from 4.0.3.47 Pro to the latest version of 4.5. Reset the downloads in my account, downloaded the installers and during the install, got error messages about trouble unpacking a number of files. Hitting retry would only get the error message again for each file, so I continued on with Ignores to get all the way through. But when I loaded up 4.5, it was obvious a number of the files weren't working; the entire interface was white with plain black lettering and no raised-looking buttons and trying to switch to another style through Window>Style did absolutely nothing. I tried three different reinstalls--downloaded another copy of the installer from my downloads, went through the store and "bought" Pro again, downloaded that installer from my downloads and got the zip file with the installers from the DAZ site and every single time I tried to run the install, I got the same error messages about how many of the files--many of them .dlls--errored out during the unpacking of the file during the install.

At least it looks like my reinstall of 4.0.3.47 worked just fine. That went through without a hitch and everything looks like it should, but I don't get what's up with the installer for 4.5

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You may have got a corrupted download, I haven't heard of any problems like you are having.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and re-downloading? What size was the file you downloaded? I didn't get a ZIP file when I downloaded DS 4.5.0.114, they were all seperate installers. What is the zip file called, and what does it contain?

• Dianna SilverDianna Silver Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The zip file came from here: http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-what-is-daz-studio

I downloaded the installer three different times: One from just resetting the download in my account, one from "buying" 4.5 from the store and downloading the installer from the series of files added to My Downloadable Products after checking out and then running the installer from the uncompressed zip file from that webpage. In all cases, the size of the installer is showing as 129 Mb. I did a reboot of my computer between a couple of the install attempts, and I wouldn't think the browser cache would have any effect on a file packed into a .zip.

edited December 1969

Are you running the installer as Admin? Do you have anti-virus programmes running at the same time? I have never heard of the unpack error before, that is why I thought of a corrupted download. It sounds like a permissions problem of some sort, it may be your anti-virus that is stopping the unpack.

• Dianna SilverDianna Silver Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, was probably the anti-virus. Thanks for that suggestion. Never had that happen before. Got it installed okay now.

edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know - glad you got it fixed.