d3dGenX

grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Last night I had updated my Daz Studio 4 Pro(64 bit) with version 4.5.0.26. Today I noticed that the plug-in for my d3dGenX had failed. Thinking that it too had been updated, I reset my GenX download, downloaded it, and reinstalled it. It still doesn't work.

What is the fix for that?

PlugInFailed.jpg
612 x 396 - 40K

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069
    edited December 1969

The fix is to wait for GenX to be updated for Studio 4.5.x.x -- which may not happen until 4.5 final is released, since this is just a 'potential' final.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739
    edited December 1969

When will the final version of DS4.5 be available?

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,069
    edited May 2012

Uh -- Soon? :coolsmile:

For all we know, this version (4.5.0.26) could be relabeled as the production version -- or there may be one or two follow-ons before they're happy.

Post edited by namffuak on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:

Uh -- Soon? :coolsmile:

For all we know, this version (4.5.0.26) could be relabeled as the production version -- or there may be one or two follow-ons before they're happy.
    Soon Always soon, but that could mean anything. There was going to be a V3 pro soon, but that never happened.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Currently, I have nothing to convert while using GenX. But if 'soon' doesn't get here in a reasable amount of time, I'll be uninstalling the upgrade that I did, and re-installing to the earlier version.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

I know the staff had been busy getting the bugs out of the new site, but I'm curious to know if the d3dGenX had been updated yet.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I doubt any plugins will be updated before the SDK is finalized at DS4.5 official release.