Installing purchases

I know this is going to make me sound a bit stupid. But I need some help installing a Pose package I purchased.

I bought the Millennium SubDragon Poses Packages, I've downloaded both 1.exe and 2.exe. I have gone through the install process quite a few time now, but I cannot find the poses within DAZ.

I'm running the x64 bit version on DAZ4.

I have the MSD that comes with one of the free packages, could that be the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where are you looking for them?

In the Content Library, they will be under Poser Formats > My Library > Pose I should think.

• jared-2130880jared-2130880 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

After bringing my Dragon into the program and adding texture, I move to the Pose & Animate tab. After making sure nothing is selected I check the "Presets" All of the standard poses for humans are there. But not the ones I bought. (I'm using the Hollywood Blvd layout)

Have I missed something, or possibly installed into the wrong directory?

I'm very new at this. Decent at video editing, but this is all very fresh.

edited December 1969

If you installed it into the default My Library folder, then you will find it where I said in my previous post. I am sorry, but I do not use Shaping tabs or Smart Content, I only use the Content Library which shows everything that is installed.

If you go to Window > Tabs > Content Library, and use the info I gave previously you should find them I think.

Don't you have Content Library in one fo your tabs?

edited December 1969

I converted to the "city limits" without all that other stufff. The Content Library is there, but my poses are not. I checked where you said, but only the samples are there. I'm wondering if it is because I am using the sample Dragon, rather than the actual one.

Thanks for your help so far though, I have found a few useful things by turning off those tabs.

edited December 1969

Is this the item that you bought : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/millennium-subdragon-poses

If so, according to the product page it works with both the full and the LE versin of the MSD, so you should be all right there..

!This product requires:
    Millennium SubDragon LE ,
    Millennium SubDragon

It also says:

Features
    •30 SubDragon action poses plus default pose
    •12 Head/Neck partial poses plus default pose
    •12 Tail partial poses plus default pose
    •12 Wing partial poses plus default pose
    •Poser 6+ and DAZ Studio files included

The Poser 6+ files should be where I said in the Pose Folder in the Content Library, under Poser Formats. The DAZ Studio ones are probably in .DS (Script) format, and they can be anywhere inside DAZ Studio Formats > My Library in the Content Library.tab.

I have the MSD LE version which must have come with DS 4.5 as i didn't buy it, and it is in DAZ Studio Formats > My Library > Animals. In some other folders, like People > Genesis, there is a folder called 'Poses', so you may find that the installer has created something like that?

You can also use the search function at the top of the Content Library tab, and it may pick something up for you. You should also have a Readme file with it, and they are all stored in Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\ReadMe's.

A simpler way perhaps of finding out, is to install everything to a temporary folder, and that way you can see what folders it creates, and you can just drag and drop them to the appropriate place (My Library by default), that is assuming you are using Windows of some kind.

Did you make sure that the installer put them in My Library, and not a sub-folder of it. Some of the older installers try to put their stuff in a folder called content, the path for installing should end with 'My Library'.

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Jimmy. That is the one I bought, and I finally got it working. Basically I uninstalled and reinstalled everything. It works now, (but finding where I saved some of my older files was a bugger).

Thanks again for your help.

edited December 1969

My pleasure, glad you found it.

Finding some of the older items can be a real problem for us all.