Stefan textures - problem with eyes (sclera)

Hi folks,
I'm working with the Stefan textures on Genesis and have a problem with the rendering of a part of the eye. The sclera shows a color tint, which (IMHO) completely ruins the render ...

I've tried a variety of adjustments to the texture, but that's just trial and error. So I decided to post and ask YOU for your help. :)

A render has been attached to visualize what I am talking about ...

Cheers,
Andreas

Stefan_eye_faulty.jpg
1280 x 1024 - 564K

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Are you working on the Real Texture? You should be working in the Surfaces tab for that section of the Eye. Try changing the Default Diffuse color, or one of the other sub sets, like Ambient ect... If you change the main texture it's changed forever.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

This is how he is rendering for me. I don't see quite the same gray overlay, although the sclera is not pure white. Are you using the HSS texture? What kind of lighting are you using?

Stefan_eyes.JPG
    554 x 328 - 29K
  • acocq_0801c2dc51acocq_0801c2dc51 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry for not being precise enough !

I am NOT changing the texture file, rather I am fiddling with the settings in the SURFACE tab.

The test render only has the scene default lighting ... no further lights have been added to the scene.

• acocq_0801c2dc51acocq_0801c2dc51 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OK ... added some lighting and made sure I had the HSS textures on the model ... looking better now (here with Horatio), yes ?

Still trying to get the hang of DAZ Studio ;-)

Cheers,
    Andreas

Stefan_6.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 548K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Looks great! The default light for preview doesn't make very nice renders. It looks like you've done very well. Now you just need some kind if background setting for them to be in.