Genesis NOT LOADING!

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195

I recently downloaded Genesis Starter Essentials 1.3 and now whenever I open Daz Studio, I get an error message that says one or more files could not be found and Genesis won't load!

How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Does it say what files? Where did you tell the Starter Essentials to install?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DS are you using, I assume it is 4.5.0.114, otherwise installing Genesis Essentials was a mistake?

Is the file not found error to do with the Startup Scene? Is it looking for a DSF file? If so, go to Preferences and change the path to the DUF scene taht the Genesis Essentials will have put in your My Library folder.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited September 2012

@Richard: Whenever I start up D/S, the error message I get says this:

Unknown File Format
    No importer for the file format can be found.
    I installed Genesis Starter Essentials same place as I would anything Genesis related. I put in Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3

@JimmyC: I’m still using the first D/S 4 Pro. I have not updated to 4.3 or 4.5.

I have my preferences set to give me Genesis whenever I start D/S. I checked my prefrences and it’s already set for the DUF scene.
    When I go to where Genesis is within D/S so I can load it manually, I see a yellow triangle sign with a black exclamation point. When I double click on Genesis, I get this error message:

File Not Found
    One or more files could not be found. Make sure the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details

Then when I click on ok, I get another Error message:

Error Opening File:
    An error occurred while opening the file, see the log file for more details

Strange thing is, I can still open and use Genesis that I have previously saved in a Scene file (which is great since I can still use my saved characters). I just can't load a new Genesis. And if I can't load a new Genesis, I can't use any potential new morphs for it either.

Post edited by Knight22179 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials is the latest version of Genesis in .DUF format for DS 4.5 ONLY. Previous versions of DS4 cannot open .DUF files. I think you will need to reinstall whatever version of DS you are currently using, or upgrade to 4.5.0.114.

The content was included in earlier versions, but not in 4.5, it has a seperate installer called Genesis Essentials.

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

The Genesis Starter Essentials are Content for DS4.5 as they include files (for example Genesis) saved in the new DUF-Fileformat.

Versions older than DS4.5 can't read this file-format, this causes your message - DS4.0 jsut can't read it.

You have now two options:
    - update to the current 4.5 release
    - install your DS4.0 version new (just overwrite the existing installation), this brings you back Genesis in the old file-format

Genesis Starter Essentials aren't thought to be used in DS4.0 versions.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Alright, thanks all! :)