Reality 2.5 Not showing up in DS 4.5

ParallaxMasterParallaxMaster Posts: 12
edited September 2012 in The Commons

I just installed (in this order):

1. DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro
2. LuxRender 1.0
3. Reality Render 2.5

I started DAZ Studio, and attempted to render the default scene (with the Genesis figure). Reality is not showing in the Render menu dropdown. I looked in Help > About installed Plugins, and I don't see Reality 2.5 listed; I only see Reality 2.0 listed with the red icon indicating that it has failed. I made sure to follow the instructions for installing the Reality 2..5 plugin, removing first the Reality folder from the DS 4 plugins dicectory. What am I doing wrong? I'm dying to try the DAZ 4.5/Reality 2.5 combo!

-- ParallaxMaster

"God wanted us to see in 3D; otherwise, He would have given us only one eye"

Post edited by ParallaxMaster on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,293
    edited December 1969

This is the updated version of reality for DS4.5, not the version you installed in DS4.0?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

There is a Reality folder in the scripts and plugins folder. Make sure you remove both before installing the new one.

Please go here - http://preta3d.com/tasks/Reality2Download.php - and make sure you have the latest update for DS4.5 (if you have not already)

• ParallaxMasterParallaxMaster Posts: 12
    edited September 2012

This is the updated version of reality for DS4.5, not the version you installed in DS4.0?

Yes, I have the newest version of Reality (2.5) . and Lux Render (1.0). Both of these updates make the plugin and the renderer compatible with DS 4.5.

There is a Reality folder in the scripts and plugins folder. Make sure you remove both before installing the new one.

Please go here - http://preta3d.com/tasks/Reality2Download.php - and make sure you have the latest update for DS4.5 (if you have not already)

I had removed the Reality folder under plugins, but didn't realize there was another under scripts. I uninstalled Reality Render 2.5, removed the Reality folders from both the plugins and scripts folders and re-installed. I then launched DS 4.5. Still can't see Reality in the Render drop-down menu, and I still see Reality 2.0 listed in Installed Plugins. Now what?

--ParallaxMaster
    "God wanted us to see in 3D; otherwise, He would have only given us only one eye."

edited December 1969

For both DS45 and Reality 2.5, what are the exact version numbers that you are using?

What operating system do you use?

Where exactly do you have DS45 installed?

Where did you point the Reality installer to?

Did you have multiple libraries?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Does CTRL-SHIFT-L still invoke Reality? DAZ menu customization sometimes gets corrupted, at least it did in 4.0. If you change your layout style, does it show back up in the Renders menu? Also, if this is the problem, going into Edit->Customize, you should see Reality listed in the available actions and be able to add it back to your menus or put it on a toolbar, etc.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem with a fully new install of DAZ Studio 4.5 + Luxrender 1.0 + Reality 2.5. I didn't really look for a solution as I am really busy understanding the 3Delight render engine. Though the few renders I did with Reality 2 make me want to have it working again even if it means rebuilding most shaders.

edited December 1969

A possible work around:

Run the installer for Reality and point it to and empty folder for install.

Go in to the folder afterwards and there should be a "Scripts" and a "Plugins" folder with a reality folder inside each

Move the Reality folder form scripts to your scripts folder where you installed DS and then the same with the one from plugins.

Just make sure DS is not running when you do it.

edited December 1969

Thx for this workaround. I'll try that.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

After I installed Reality 2.5 and launched DS4.5, I was prompted to register with Preta3D.com. I don't know if a Reality 2.0 registration automatically works with Reality 2.5. I had installed Reality 2.5 on a new computer which didn't have Reality 2.0 on it previously. Upon successful registration, I immediately received an email with an activation code which entered on the registration screen mentioned earlier.

• SapphySapphy Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello, I was having this same problem and I realized I didn't have the latest build of Daz Studio 4.5 installed. Once I updated to Daz Studio 4.5.0.114, everything worked as it should. The version I had before was 4.5.0.90.

Hope this helps :-)

edited December 1969

Thx Mattymanx! Worked like a charm. I realized doing this that the Reality installer chooses an old (default?) installation of DAZ Studio. That tricked me.

edited September 2012

Mattymanx said:
    For both DS45 and Reality 2.5, what are the exact version numbers that you are using?

What operating system do you use?

Where exactly do you have DS45 installed?

Where did you point the Reality installer to?

Did you have multiple libraries?

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

DS 4.5 is in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ Studio 4

I pointed the Reality installer to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZ Studio 4

As far as I can tell I have a single library.

Also, I tried your suggestion (installing to an empty folder, and then copying the Reality folder from the scripts and plugins forlders to the DS 4.5 scripts and plugins folder. Still no dice.

--ParallaxMaster
    "God wanted us to see in 3D; otherwise, He would have given us only one eye."

edited December 1969

Sapphy said:
    Hello, I was having this same problem and I realized I didn't have the latest build of Daz Studio 4.5 installed. Once I updated to Daz Studio 4.5.0.114, everything worked as it should. The version I had before was 4.5.0.90.

Hope this helps :-)

Sapphy, I hadn't checked that. I will check my version of DS 4.5 when I get home this evening. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that's the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.

--ParallaxMaster

edited December 1969

Well, Saphhy gets the prize!

That was my problem. I was behind by one build. Once I installed DS 4.5.0.114, my problem disappeared. Thanks, Sapphy!

--ParallaxMaster