360 VR youtube video

13»

Comments

• go here to grab one of my fisheye stitches
    I still have to render them with a 90 degree tilted camera if you want them as Carrara backgrounds, will post results later.

• actually a 180,0,0 tilted camea

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

The general crispness/color/contrast look great - 2544x1260 - feels about like 720p-ish in normal 16x9 terms?

The scene/location looks like a beautiful place.

--ms

• one rendered as a 360 VR

its a park near me about a 500 to a 1Km walk round trip through the park on the paths.

is quite nice has ducks a playground, sheltered tables, barbeques and toilets and I had it to myself Midday!!!

edited December 2016

pretty place!

I see both ground and sky - how did you 'capture' that shot? (I thought the new camera only had 220 degrees, so I'm curious.)

Ivy mentioned 360xstereo in that other thread. Got me thinking... If the axis of the two 360 degree cameras is 'set' at a given moment, any view 90 degrees off the forward view (0 degrees) puts one of the eyes in front of the other, right? And looking backwards switches the L/R eyes... I wonder how you get stereo all the way around with that constraint at capture-time? Or is it only a 2D mechanism and to get real 3D, do you need a cube with 12 camera$ ?

Rendering that in Carrara would probably require 12 equarectrangular view renders as well (6 for each eye...), rather than the simple and effective 2d spherical view we're playing with now. I'm curious, but not sure I'm that motivated, unless it can be scripted or something... It wouldn't surprise me if the vdub or imgmagik folks have created a stitching script for the 6 views.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • I stitched two shots with Microsoft ICE after converting to "Facebook"  equiretangular format and cropping out the bottom black logo bit.

no good sadly for videos unless I had two of them recording simultaneously mounted on each ear maybe?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Camera ear muffs! ;)

edited December 2016

I see! I'm also thinking in video/animation terms.

If it'd work, I'd do the earmuffs thing! (no dignity left here...).

I believe I've been mis-using the term 'equirectangular', which apparently is a synonym for 'spherical' in terms of mapping. I've been testing things with spherical in Carrara and Bryce, but the stereo model I'm describing above (cube-based) is either vertical-cross or horizontal-cross and has a distinct view/shot mapped to the sides of a cube, rather than a sphere. That's where my 6/12 views mumblings come from.

I think the spherical tools (easy/mature/efficient and the output is quite cool) are where I'm going to spend my scene development energy, but the cube model will be phase-2 (stereo).

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 2016

http://wendyluvscatz.deviantart.com/art/A-651685202

front yard

DL these from DA for 10K x 5K, not really that big but how I rendered them straightened in Carrara

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 2016
    edited December 2016
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Impressive pad you have there, Wendy smiley

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Thanks, Wendy, these look cool. Can't wait to try them!

• the last 3 are at the park nearby

I live in a very basic ex housing trust cottage with a jungle of a garden

Fantastic! Somebody's been playing with her new Camera! :)

mindsong said:

I see! I'm also thinking in video/animation terms.

If it'd work, I'd do the earmuffs thing! (no dignity left here...).

I believe I've been mis-using the term 'equirectangular', which apparently is a synonym for 'spherical' in terms of mapping. I've been testing things with spherical in Carrara and Bryce, but the stereo model I'm describing above (cube-based) is either vertical-cross or horizontal-cross and has a distinct view/shot mapped to the sides of a cube, rather than a sphere. That's where my 6/12 views mumblings come from.

I think the spherical tools (easy/mature/efficient and the output is quite cool) are where I'm going to spend my scene development energy, but the cube model will be phase-2 (stereo).

--ms

LOL! That's what I thought you were talking about. Bryce uses that cube system, doesn't it?

The first time I saw a map for that sort of system was shown by Wendy here. It was quite some time ago.

I guess many of Horo's HDRI packs for Bryce are mapped that way.

It was one of Horo's PDF files about HDRI's that clued me in to the difference:

https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/HDRIexport.pdf

(starting from his main page, there's some good generic HDRI, Raytracing, and Bryce stuff to fill a couple of brains-worth... https://horo.ch/index.html)

But the term "equirectangular" just *wants* to be a cube, doesn't it? heh...

I think a rig or script is needed to pull the vertical/horizontal-cross renders off, and some additional scripts would be good for gluing them all together, etc. if being done as a set of image sequences.

spherical for now, for me. Heck looking at Wendy's stuff, that's plenty-cool to get things going! It's inspiring and fun to check-out!

--ms

Hey Wendy,

just curious... how long did it take to set-up your vr-360 'coffee shop' scenario?

there's a lot going on in there!

best to you for the new year!

--ms

• mindsong said:

Hey Wendy,

just curious... how long did it take to set-up your vr-360 'coffee shop' scenario?

there's a lot going on in there!

best to you for the new year!

--ms

was in iClone so rather easy, lots of click load iMotions and lowpoly iAvatars, more tedious than anything.

20+ characters, all doing *something* or other... pretty kewl concept, and no shortcuts... the director has to 'tell' each one what to do...

now I'm curious if vr 360 honors surround sound - I understand the surround simulation with 'stereo' headphones has gotten pretty good.

In the coffee-shop scene, I could see hearing the various table-chatter move around with the viewer's movement being a great effect, etc.

cheers,

--ms

That reminds me... I just got iClone 5 for free a while back and haven't even tried it yet. How irresponsible is that?!!! 

I've always wanted to try it out... now I have it... there it sits.

Time. Does anyone have some Time (not Thyme) I could borrow? I'm always out of it ;)

I believe the lenders of said 'time' are pretty certain we won't pay it back... hence their apparent unwillingness to lend it... :^) They know me too well.

It's nice to know Iclone allows for an 'easy' (er) set up of background characters like that. You know we'd learn it if/when there were a specific problem to solve.

But yeah, more time would help a little.

cheers to you folks!

--ms

iClone is also (from what I understand) incredibly fast.

So I'm interested in seeing the possibilities of using it in a workflow situation - using it (iClone) when I can to take advantage of it's strengths, and then still relying upon my Carrara.

But I'm also interested in seeing how their animation builder works along with other things. The new up-and-coming version 7 is looking like they're really kicking in on development.

• its a very everyday person off the street user friendly program more so than DAZ studio which is trying hard to be.

Programs like Carrara powerful as they are need a learning curve, iClone a total noob who just got a laptop and knows nothing about 3D can render an animation in minutes, and that was iC3 in 2009.

If you play video games you will love iClone.

its a very everyday person off the street user friendly program more so than DAZ studio which is trying hard to be.

Programs like Carrara powerful as they are need a learning curve, iClone a total noob who just got a laptop and knows nothing about 3D can render an animation in minutes, and that was iC3 in 2009.

If you play video games you will love iClone.

Interesting. I don't play much video games - just a scarce few - but I do enjoy them... so I guess I'll love iClone!

Thanks Girl Friend! I look forward to jamming on it. Maybe today? 

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Costs more than the average video game though!

PhilW said:

Costs more than the average video game though!

And... I'm finding that the real costs have little to do with the original purchase price. The literally infinite potential of any/all of these tools is overwhelming enough - then you try to filter out 'how not to do it' with respect to an effect you're trying to achieve - whew! expensive stuff! Fortuantely I'm enjoying the adventure, even if convergence on my goal is slow-going... It's probably too big a goal.

Then trying to do it in stereo-vr360 with synchronized surround sound...

"Maybe I'll go render another mirror-ball on a checkerboard ground plane and see what that specular-halo shader do-hicky slider does... yeah, that sounds interesting! I wonder if that controller is animatable...?"

heh,

--ms

a big one

best watched on youtube highest settings

I want to do AmbiX sound but cannot find a way with my software

I can do 5.1 surround sound but the Youtube metadata injector does not see that as 3D ambience

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

great ambience in the video smiley  spooky