Trying to work like a pro on Daz Studio - Question about Legal Issues

tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello guys,

Now I bring another big question: how to work on DS legally and with high productivity?

Explaining: I`d like to buy another computer, faster and etc, to build and render important projects, and keep the older one just for rendering projects that has more time. I know I can`t duplicate the content except for backup, but I can install DS in 2 different computers if it is just me working on them, like DS support said.

Tell me, can I build the project in one computer, export a colada file and render in another computer? Is it ok?

What if I get someone else to work with me, what must I do in order make everything legal?

Of course the second question is just if the business become bigger. Daz Studio has a huge potential.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

You are allowed to install the software and your content on any computer you own as long as its all under one roof.

So if you have two computers and you want it on both, you are allowed.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Since the software is free, I don't think that's an issue. Not sure about having multiple people working on the same thing though. That's an interesting thing to think about. To me, it makes sense that one person owning the content and having both of you working on it makes sense. Like Mattymanx said (extrapolating a little), there is an extent to it however. If they are the content owner's computers and the other person only uses it in collaboration with the owner, I'd think it's fine. It's like having a friend over to watch a movie versus the friend copying your movie.

I don't know the real laws though, this is 100% speculation.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D EULA can be seen here

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/123876

Particularly from this part downwards

3-D Model(s) is provided for User's exclusive use. User does not have the right to provide the 3-D Model(s) to others in any form or on any media. Specifically, you (the User) may copy the 3-D Model(s) onto the storage device of an unlimited number of computers; provided that all such computers are physically located at your business, or if you are a residence, your place of residence located at a single specific street address (or its equivalent).

• tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Nice, this way I can make things 2 times faster!

Thank you guys, specially you chohole, everything is clear,

Now back to the main plan. I promise I will post something of my particular work when it get ready.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The easiest way to solve the problem is to install all the content on a shared or network drive that will be accessible by both computers...

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

My strategy when the legal lines become fuzzy is to only use freebies. Then it doesnt matter who's using it! :D

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Eek! I may be in violation. I only have this netbook that I often carry with me.