ISO M5 Texture Resource

JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is anyone else waiting for an M5 Texture Resource, one that includes the M5 male gens?

Comments

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I certainly am. I'm not in the business of rendering M5's junk very often, but in the rare case that I do, it's irritating that there only seem to be TWO figures that have a texture for the gens (M5 Phillip, M5 James(?)). The form is different from m4 gen textures, so that doesn't work either. What I would REALLY like is a conversion system for different UV sets like they have for Genesis using M4/V4 textures for the gens too. /endrant

• wodawicwodawic Posts: 4
    edited September 2012

I certainly am. I'm not in the business of rendering M5's junk very often, but in the rare case that I do, it's irritating that there only seem to be TWO figures that have a texture for the gens (M5 Phillip, M5 James(?)).

Thomas, Horatio and Doyle are also complete texture sets for M5.

Post edited by wodawic on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Those are complete characters but they don't exactly work as a texture resource

edited December 1969

Thomas is a nice texture, good to see an older gent. Doyle is much of the same as with James and Phillip; mid 20's white male. I'd love to see more racial variety, but hey I guess that's what sells.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I certainly am. I'm not in the business of rendering M5's junk very often, but in the rare case that I do, it's irritating that there only seem to be TWO figures that have a texture for the gens (M5 Phillip, M5 James(?)).

There's a bit more than that. M5 David Elite in additional to PA products from Morris, Raiya and myself (all our M5 products have them) have textures for the gens.

However the OP was talking more of a merchant resource that can be edited.

edited December 1969

There's a bit more than that. M5 David Elite in additional to PA products from Morris, Raiya and myself (all our M5 products have them) have textures for the gens.

However the OP was talking more of a merchant resource that can be edited.

Indeed I was

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited September 2012

Huh. Nicu1 used to have an M5 merchant resource on sale at Renderosity -- I picked it up once when it was very very on sale, and then realized that I had no idea what to do with the thing, since I don't do texturing like that -- along with an M4 merchant resource and a couple of other things, but it looks like they've closed their Renderosity store. I know they've also got a store at Renderotica under a different name -- maybe MET001? not sure -- with a merchant resource for Just That Part of M5, but I don't know if that's still open, since I can't check that from here. I also don't know if the complete texture resource was available there.

Their M5 merchant resource was kind of weirdly specific, though I think that has to do with the models they had access to photograph. If you wanted middle-aged vaguely Eastern European looking guys, it was probably perfect; other than that, I can't quite imagine what you do with it, apart from maybe using bits and pieces of it for something.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

Indeed I was

Oops, sorry for hijacking the thread then :x

edited December 1969

Wait, hold on. Are we talking about m5 gens seam guides? That kind of thing? I believe I have them, and I believe they were also a freebie. If that's what we're talking about let me know and I'll check.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,868
    edited September 2012

Now that I'm at a computer where I can check, it turns out that Nicu1 has moved everything over from Renderosity to Renderotica -- just in time for Renderotica to lose its credit card processor, it seems. The complete(ish) M5 Merchant resource is there, under vendor name METOO1. The merchant resource is " METOO1's M5-resources"; METOO1 also has a separate resource kit purely for the M5 gens. No bump, specular, displacement or SSS maps for anything; just the raw textures. And everything is Caucasian.

For what it's worth, the notably visible differences between the M4 and M5 textures appear to be the mouth and the junk, though I'm sure there's more to it than that.

And it is the only M5 resource kit I've seen on any site to date. Maybe there are seam/template guides out there for M5 that people can use on existing sourdes to create textures from them? No clue.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

For what it's worth, the notably visible differences between the M4 and M5 textures appear to be the mouth and the junk, though I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Alright! Game plan: Mouth closed, pants on. Render gogogogogogo

edited December 1969

thanks guys I think the one vwrangler mentioned may work.