How many installers for Cloudscapes 7

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud - exe - pc
Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud - zip - mac
Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud - exe - pc
Bryce Pro Cloudscapes 7 - Night Cloud - zip - mac

The 2 for pc and 2 for mac are the same.

Am I missing one?

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited September 2012

Prior to the new new website, we vendors were in a position to down load our own products, which was very handy for answering questions like this. But now that functionality is lost. I can however point out that you should have 60 files after installation is complete, 30 source files and 30 corresponding images. I don't know if that helps? But I can chase someone if you need more information.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,136
    edited December 1969

@Patience55 - how products are presented in the Available Downloads has always baffled me. In earlier times, we could switch off the files for the operating system we do not use and got only half as much files. So the pc or mac files look each similar, maybe there's a number somewhere in the list that shows. From my experience, get everything that is for your computer system.

And yes, in earlier times we found our own products in the available downloads and they did never expire. Now we have to ask that they are put manually there and we'll get a report informing us that the product was purchased at $0.00.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Yes I have 60 items totaling 47.9 mb unpacked. So there is indeed "just one" installer. Thank you.

12896_1_br_BryceProCloudscapes7NightCloud_1
    12896_1_br_BryceProCloudscapes7NightCloud_1(1) [duplicate]

edited December 1969

That should not happen that you get twice the same.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Agreed, it should not happen, unfortunately sometimes it does. One of thoose annoying bugs that keeps popping up from time to time.

The reason for having both Mac and PC downloads showing is because DAZ 3D has said that they are changing from the current installers to a system whereby there will be one zip file, which will be usable by both platforms, and an optional download manager that will assist those who do not want to manually unzip and plce items. The downloader will only need to be downloaded once.

At the moment they are converting all the older stuff to zips, because Mac users can no longer deal with the older installers.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads-up, chohole. I gathered something like this but wondered since mac files are already zips (not StuffIt). I've never been a great fan of the installer for pc.