WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
edited December 1969 in The Commons

video links
since we cannot embed videos, I am left wondering when I post a link
or a clickable phrase
if my video is overlooked among the cool renders
or
it just sucks and no-one is rude enough to say?? %-P
not game to ask either, in case it is the latter!
or
maybe people are wary of clicking on links
pleaaaaaaaaaase bring embeddable videos to the forum
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon
then at least I and others will know if our videos are seen or at least others are aware they are there.
(admit to overlooking links myself)

Comments

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

So, where's your video link?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,036
    edited December 1969

lol! in MOST of my replies to other threads!
    I do a lot of them, only a tiny proportion ever get a comment, usually from someone I talk to a lot on the forum.
    a render image at least you KNOW they have seen and ignored so you can move on.
    but
    with links you are left wondering.
    I am not fishing for compliments btw, just asking if people DO click on links or tend to skip them.

edited December 1969

oh, at least I get spam!!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Wendy, I always look at your stuff!!! But I also like you, and often talk with you when I can :cheese: However, it may get more views from people who don't yet know you if you attach a screenie of the video with the link, and phrase the link so it's easily identified as the video link. :)

edited December 1969

Damn it! Why does the forum always have an random issue with text an pics breaking out of the post window. I swapped from Explorer to Opera to overcome this issue, and now it's doing it to Opera!

edited December 1969

Hey the spammer got deleted! YEY! I hate spam!! What the hell is the point of it?!?

edited September 2012

yes, I know you, Jade and light do
    my point, I don't think others even look
    I have posted tutes, not always mine either and they keep asking the same question
    (and I do look your stuff and most links even Barry's websites!!)
    as I said, not fishing for compliments
    no-one need say anything
    I do not comment on a lot of renders as I feel it pads the threads
    I was just asking about if people DO view them
    basically so I can decide if I need to tart them up with a screenshot or fancy clickable
    because we are lacking the embed feature.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

lol! the spammer was breaking the thread.
    yes, screenshots do often help, at least you know it has been seen.
    I sometimes feel like I am talking to myself though
    really anoying when you search for and link to an item and they keep asking too!

edited December 1969

It does suck that the embed feature is still non existent here... Specially when there are people like yourself who mainly work with videos/animation. As far as comments go... I really like the forums for the opportunity of feedback and to share Idea's... Maybe cos I have an art background, and such chatter is heavilly encouraged and of course required. But I think alot of, if not all, people who post renders/videos/art are looking to get some feedback, as well as seeking suggestions to improve and get Inspiration. For me that's what I do, I'm sure I'm not the only one. So I always try to give people feedback :) (of course you can't do it for every post! you'd never stop lol)

But I feel it's worth it.

edited December 1969

lol! the spammer was breaking the thread.
    yes, screenshots do often help, at least you know it has been seen.
    I sometimes feel like I am talking to myself though
    really anoying when you search for and link to an item and they keep asking too!

Sometimes I feel that way too, Thats why I try to regularly give feedback, often the ones you express feed back to are happy to feedback in return. :)

"keep asking" ---- But hey, not every one has the common sense to search for the solution before making a new thread for it :roll:

edited December 1969

I have written lengthy comments only to have fast reply spit them away! :roll:
    I did not want to clog your renders only thread with comments as it needs renders, I try to comment in such threads while posting a render
    (the comment I added to that video led to this post but it was not the ignored one that prompted me, it WAS in fact a tutorialish post where someone kept asking)
    I did the dramatic title here to get attention btw!!
    for the embed issue
    and if links are pursued
    I have lots of comments on YouTube always, I get watched!!

edited December 1969

It was rather ironic that the spam arrived in this thread, which was about links lol! I came across several spam threads, even a weird thread for some software made it into the platinum club... I was glad the admin got rid of those quickly!

BTW - I do like your creations! And I don't think any of them suck. I think there are many people who are visual people, and they are more likely to get attention from images than text. Hopefully the video embed will be here soon

edited December 1969

I have written lengthy comments only to have fast reply spit them away! :roll:
    I did not want to clog your renders only thread with comments as it needs renders, I try to comment in such threads while posting a render
    (the comment I added to that video led to this post but it was not the ignored one that prompted me, it WAS in fact a tutorialish post where someone kept asking)
    I did the dramatic title here to get attention btw!!
    for the embed issue
    and if links are pursued
    I have lots of comments on YouTube always, I get watched!!

Youtube is really good with the comments! (Provided the viewer has an account with them) And it's a bonus that it has a 'how many views count'

Wendy, you are always welcome to post in my renders thread haha! I think on the first page I mentioned all comments/feedback welcome. You should start a personal render thread too, It's so fun to fill it up... Plus I always search through there, Some really cool stuff is posted in the ArtStudio forum.

The issue I found with tutorials is the lack of comments... I found that I never really knew if it was something people have got something from. Then you lack the clarification that you wrote it right because there be no feed back saying it works and no probs.

edited December 1969

yeah, everyone has a render thread
    the reason I havent commented
    (I do look)
    is because you all have one and if I say something in one, I feel the others might be left out
    and I would outstrip Jaderail's post count very quickly!
    already got too many under my belt! :red:
    I will not start one until embedabble videos possible btw
    cannot see the point of a thread full of links.

this thread REALLY was a gripe about not having embeddable videos, there have been others by others
    just keeping the topic active!
    the spammer spiced it up!!

edited September 2012

Well they haven't updated the Daz Store/Forum improvements thread yet. I'm glad embed videos in the forum list is listed (Even if it is at the bottom of the list!) Though I hope it's higher in their priorities!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

lol! in MOST of my replies to other threads!
    I do a lot of them, only a tiny proportion ever get a comment, usually from someone I talk to a lot on the forum.
    a render image at least you KNOW they have seen and ignored so you can move on.
    but
    with links you are left wondering.
    I am not fishing for compliments btw, just asking if people DO click on links or tend to skip them.

:lol: :) Take into consideration there are some of us that might not comment on all pics but are still at home enjoying them and thinking they're wonderful. It's just that nobody can hear us unless we post. (Except our audience here at home.) ~ I'm pretty sure there were some I've seen of yours I really like. :red: Sorry for not expressing that if I didn't.

Then again, if I did post for every single thing I took a fancy to, people would probably be yelling at me to shut up already.
    :P (Which there's a big possibility they're doing that anyway.)

:lol: I'm realizing, too, that some people are so good that if we all posted every single time, they'd have no time to do anything else but write thank yous. lol

Just saying, no posts don't necessarily mean you're not entertaining. :cheese: Not that you probably don't know that.

But down to business: I second, third, and quadruple the motion to reinstate the embedded videos if they can. I really miss them, too. The ability to see the first frame makes it obvious it's there and also gives an idea what the content is.

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

Cyn Art said:
    But down to business: I second, third, and quadruple the motion to reinstate the embedded videos if they can. I really miss them, too. The ability to see the first frame makes it obvious it's there and also gives an idea what the content is.

...and I quintuple it! :)

edited December 1969

as I said, do not expect comments, but was wondering in general how many even look at Deviantart links?
    I tend to not have permission for so many (18+ not signed in) I generally do not bother
    so
    along with embed, get those nudity tags up Daz!!!

edited December 1969

Deviant Art... Not that often... people I talk to like Skiriki definitely... But generally not. When on deviant art I'm generally searching for something specific not a particular artist. It's easy to miss spotting the links sometimes... Unless you're looking to see more of someones work. Again, Images tend to draw attention.

edited December 1969

But that said, it wont deter me from making a gallery there. Theres many many people on that site alone!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Wendy, you done mentioned me. You know I click your links, I've slowed down on commenting just because I figured you might like to hear from others instead of me all the time. Keep up the Wacky work , I'll always Clicky the Linky.

edited December 1969

Jaderail - I just clickyed your Linky and I gotta say, Nice work man! Also, I totally knew red lips lady was naked!! Added you on DA :)

edited December 1969

I don't need comments!! said that so many times already! lol!
    I just had a few cases where it was OBVIOUS from further comments in a thread or three that the commenter had NOT looked at my link
    liking or not did not come into it, just the fact they do not look because it is not an image but a link!
    like asking if you can do such and such in Carrara AFTER I just posted a video showing you can for example, this is what I am talking about, the fact many do not click on links,
    yes Jeff, I know you do, I don't comment all the time on your renders for the same reason but enjoy them.
    another case is when someone says they would like to see a render of something I had a few posts ago indeed posted a video link of!
    only using vague examples to avoid upsetting anyone but just illustrating that links DO get overlooked a lot.
    I am going to start posting red herring links I reckon for fun!!

edited December 1969

And now Spyro now knows why I don't post much on DAZ anymore. I needz the flags back. I pretty much check all threads, well not ALL but LOTS. I just comment now days on stuff I really want to talk about or Respect. WITH That said Wendy is my FAV Animator. I is in love with wacky and Stupid. I am the Father of the Stupid thread that should explain loads about me.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Youtube is blocked from the computer I use in the daytime.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

FaerieWylde has the embed utube working.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

But does Faeriewylde use Magento store and Expression Engine forum software ?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    And now Spyro now knows why I don't post much on DAZ anymore. I needz the flags back. I pretty much check all threads, well not ALL but LOTS. I just comment now days on stuff I really want to talk about or Respect. WITH That said Wendy is my FAV Animator. I is in love with wacky and Stupid. I am the Father of the Stupid thread that should explain loads about me.

You made the original Stupd thread... 'the' stupid thread the first? Well if that be the case, you've had 3 generations of stupid! That's pretty special :P

edited December 1969

I was just the Father, the Stupid threads fill everyone's need to get Stupid from time to time The thread belongs to us all now.

edited December 1969

Spoken like a true father :)