DS4.5 Win64 runs in WINE64

Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
edited September 2012 in The Commons

The attached "Fiery Genesis" was loaded and rendered using DS4.5.0.137 win64 running under WINE64 1.5.13. The distro was Fedora 17 and it was on a AMD A6-3420M Quad Core laptop using the Gallium driver for the internal graphics. This was a very basic "install, load the RTR scene, and render" procedure. More testing to come. Very definite improvement in both the DS4 and Wine directions!

Kendall

test.jpg
618 x 800 - 295K
Post edited by Kendall Sears on

Comments

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited September 2012

Man... I was just looking into Wine, last night. Hadn't got as far as Wine64. It's encouraging to see its coming along like that.

Of course, I still have to start in on Linux...

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Man... I was just looking into Wine, last night. Hadn't got as far as Wine64. It's encouraging to see its coming along like that.

Of course, I still have to start in on Linux...

As many know, I've been using DS under Linux/WIne for a few years now. The 32 bit versions are pretty much 100% functional under Wine. There are a few hiccups here and there, but in general no more than natively under Windows or MacOS (both of which I use as well). With every new DS4 release I always test for regression with the 32 bit, and try the 64 bit under Wine64 just to see what progress has been made. Usually, DS4_x64 only gets past install then chokes when starting up. I was pleasantly surprised when the viewport came up, and stayed up.

I haven't had time to play with it much yet. There are a few viewport refresh issues, but I haven't determined where those problems are based yet. This laptop is a new reinstall of F17, and it's running pretty much nothing more than the vanilla distribution with Wine64 from yum (rpmfusion testing repos for those interested). As I get the laptop tweaked I'll see how things progress.

Kendall