Problem with DAZStudio 4.5 3D View and Saving Files.

VivirisViviris Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi. I don't know if that problem was expirience by someone else already.
I have installed new Studio and when I'm loading stuff into the scene lots of times everything disappears from view port including the grid. When I render everything is on it's places like nothing happened. When I delete item that did that, everything comeback... until it happen again when i load something new. It happen with all kinds of stuff, props, structures, clothing... I'm wondering why it is happening, I didn't have such problem with DAZ4.0 Is there a way to refresh view port somehow when it's happening?

The other problem is with saving files in Duf format. It saves normally but when I want to load it DAZStudio crashes. Can my computer be not strong enough for simple loading of files, when it could normally operate with DAZ4.0?
My Graphic Card is ATI Radeon HD4800 Series. System is Windows7

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

This gives both minimum and reccomended computer specs for running DS

http://www.daz3d.com/products/daz-studio/daz-studio-tech-specs

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited September 2012

A little side note...when the specs talk about a graphics card, they really do mean a card, not an onboard 'integrated' graphics solution. One reason is that the onboard shares memory with the main system memory, so if you have 1 GB of RAM installed and the onboard is using 256 MB you only have 768 MB available (or less than the minimum 1 GB required). Also many (read Intel) onboard graphics have poor or flaky OpenGL implementations.

Even if you have 2 or more GB of RAM and an onboard, you can still have poor performance or crashing due to the second reason...

In your case, with the 4800...check the drivers. There were some, for a while, that had very bad OpenGL performance....and were prone to crashing.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • VivirisViviris Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for tips. I have downloaded AMD Catalist with new drivers for Graf Card but nothing has changed with my problems.
    I have processor AMD Phenom II x2 550 (it shows two of them in my devices menager) RAM is showed as 4096MB. I have really no clue if that is to little for DAZ to operate. Till now it was sufficient.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Specs should be fine...

As for the drivers...the latest versions are fine for OpenGL.

Have you rebooted (or actually shutdown) since you installed them?

edited September 2012

I did restarted System and nothing changed sadly. Still DAZ crushes when I'm trying to load scenes and viewport still tend to disappear. Also i discovered that it's blinking when I'm moving figure around.
    I'm starting to think that maybe new DAZ don't support dsf files as it should, most if not all of the issue files were created in dsf and saved to duf. I also find out that DAZ 4.5 is eager to eat my memory and make me restart it very often because it early start to show textures wrong way or even freeze completely. With old version it took him hours of work to get to that state and now minutes...

Post edited by Viviris on
    edited December 1969

Hi. I didn't solve the problem jet, so I must make new post to refresh topic....