Bryce 7.1 and "Out of Memory"

Hi guys,

Got a question--I'm working on a system with plenty of RAM, and I've made sure Bryce 7.1 is LAA-enabled (that utility that got posted a looong time ago), and yet, when saving some large scenes, I still get that damned "Out of memory!" error. The weird thing is that it does the same thing every time--when saving, it gets to 99%, then that error pops up.

Seems to me if it can get to 99% there shouldn't be anything stopping it from getting to 100%. Anybody else run up against this and know how to fix it?

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

What is your Operating system and just how much RAM do you have?

• edited December 1969

Windows XP x86, 3GB RAM. The weird thing is, I've got plenty of open RAM and Bryce is using less than 1GB when it crashes. I don't get it.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

That's the weird part though, this already is Large Address Aware enabled, in fact I did it then undid it then redid it just to make sure.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

? maybe the Virtual Memory settings need to be adjusted.
    Set it as high as can and see if that helps.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

LAA is NOT for 32 bit systems and you only have 3Gb

You must use the /3Gb switch instead. but you don't have that much memory. By default bryce can use 2Gb on your system

Anyway that may not be your problem if bryce is only using 1 Gb

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Have you thought of asking your question in the Bryce forum. There are few Brycers who browse the other fourms, they mostly hang out in the Bryce forum.

Post edited by Chohole on