Hexagon Modelling - Help - Learning the basics

SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm very much inclined to model a quiver and some props like bows, arrows and swords and sheaths. In Hexagon.

I know how to make morphs, I know how to create and edit objects... My question is, How do you make the rotateable segments. (For example, a rope is made up of many segments, so that you can pose the rope figure to bend the way you want to.) I ask as I'd like to have poseable free handing details, like a chord with a feather attached to it. May even make tribal necklaces and dream catchers and what not.

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

You need to bone and rig the segments with Daz's figure setup tools similar to this (um pretty old) video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWVB2XOjh4o

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much Ps1borg!!! Have you done this before? just out of curiosity...

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited September 2012

Don't use Studio so much since V3, I'm more likely to use some utility like Rhiggit -haven't had an opportunity to try the Studio autorig - and tweak. What you want sounds quite doable, youtube will be your friend Then you will want to look into inverse kinematics, but that's a different story :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

If you go to the freebies section, someone is making a pretty sweet tube generation script that they have a lot of demos of it making things like guitar to amp cords, shoelaces, etc. Maybe that's what you need!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898
    edited December 1969

Spyro, if you are new to Hex then I suggest you go to Geekatplay.com and start looking over their set of free video tutorials. They cover many things.

Also check out the Hex sections here at DAZ.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Thanks :cheese: I worked it out by watching tut video's, in the first link to the video on youtube, the guy explained it very well! Thanks for the help :)