water and relatives effect

Hi, where do i find i a good tutorial on use of water and relative physics?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    If you're thinking of fluid dynamics, Carrara doesn't have that ability. You can fake the look of some stuff by combining different things, such as metaball particle emitters, ripple deformers, etc.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

HI Arisguard :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7907045/First_step_Physics_C8.pdf

this should give you the basics of how to use physics.

Carrara doesn't have a liquid simulation tool,. however,. you can create liquid effects by using particle systems,. ...Meta-ball particles, can merge and split,.. like a liquid.

If there's something you're tying to do,. and need help,.  some more info would help.

• ArisguardArisguard Posts: 122
    If you're thinking of fluid dynamics, Carrara doesn't have that ability. You can fake the look of some stuff by combining different things, such as metaball particle emitters, ripple deformers, etc.

ok tnks

• ArisguardArisguard Posts: 122

Another question, If i take the Daz's hair, and i import in carrara, if i apply the soft body, the result is similary at dynamic hair? (at the moment i can't use my work pc)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Carrara has a Dynamic hair system,. you can add your own hair or fur to any model,. and it uses strand based hair dynamics to simulate the hair motion in an animation or drape in a static pose.

Daz3D / Poser (conforming) hair,.. is made of several, independent parts,.there are strips of mesh,. they're not joined together, and they're not connected to the "Scull cap".which conforms to the figure's head shape,. The model is also rigged with bones to allow it to follow the figure.

This type of (Hair figure) model was never intended to be used in a physics simulation. it's built wrong for physics. and built great for fwhat it was designed to do..

Most figure hair has a bunch of movement morphs,. which change the shape of the model,. and you can animate those over time to create the illusion of Wind, or the motion of the figure.

Physics would see that type of model was made of un-connected meshes, which would fall to the floor, due to gravity....or,..

Some parts of the model will be intersecting other parts,. and in physics, those would be "collisions", which would be forced apart.

There is a program being developed by VirtualWorldDynamics (cloth and hair) for Poser,. which can work with Carrara, and can use that type of hair in a dynamic physics simulation,. I have the program,. but I've not tried using it for that purpose,. but i'm sure someone has.

See the other thread for more details.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59722/interested-in-a-new-cloth-sim-plug-in-for-carrara-please-show-your-support#latest