Gen3 Fit Control on Gen2 outfits?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Does anyone have this product? I use Gen3 characters but frequently dress them in Gen2 outfits. Will the controls still work or is it geared specifically for Gen3 clothing? I was just about to buy it and then realized there might be a conflict. Thanks for the help!

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,994
    edited April 2016

Are you talking about this item? http://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-female-s

I don't know about the Gen 3 Fit, but the Gen 2 Fit I have from the same vendor works regardless of if the item is G1 or V/M4.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thanks Bee! It does make sense that the Gen3 product would work the same too then. I just wanted to be sure. It was on sale last week and I didn't buy it. It's $32.95 now so i want to be positive before I shell out for it.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,230
    I have it and it works very well with autofit clothing.
    edited April 2016

When you say "the autofit clothing" what do you mean exactly? That may sound like a dumb question but I'm unfamiliar with that term. When i apply Gen 2 clothes to a Gen 3 character, a window pops up and asks what kind of character it was orginally designed for. So I pick Generation 2 Female for instance and then I select the proper type of clothing "shirt" or "pants" or "foot wear" and it fits it to the character for me. Is that what you mean?

Oh and do you happen to know if it works on Male clothing too or just female?

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,230
    DDCreate said:

When you say "the autofit clothing" what do you mean exactly? That may sound like a dumb question but I'm unfamiliar with that term. When i apply Gen 2 clothes to a Gen 3 character, a window pops up and asks what kind of character it was orginally designed for. So I pick Generation 2 Female for instance and then I select the proper type of clothing "shirt" or "pants" or "foot wear" and it fits it to the character for me. Is that what you mean?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. The dialog that pops up is the Autofit dialog. Daz Studio is automatically fitting clothing for one generation to another generation. Sometimes the automatic fitting (autofit) leaves the clothing fitting very close to the models skin. People refer to "shrink wrap" effect. Fit Control has lots of morphs to improve that condition. It can pull the clothing away from the breasts so that it fits more naturally. Fit Control adds lots of morphs to the clothing. It is up to you to dial those morphs to make the adjustments you want. It is not always easy to figure out which morphs to dial. It will take some experimentation, so don't be discouraged. Just try various morph combinations and get familiar with what they each do. I am very pleased with the product and own all the Fit Control versions that have been released. Be sure to read all instructions that come with the product, so you know how to add the morphs to the clothing and how to remove ones you decide you don't need (if you want to reduce the size of your saved scene).

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,994

Yes, that's autofit, and no, the males have their own version, and I don't recommend using the male on the female and vice versa.

Though, if you don't need the product "right now", then I recommend waiting a bit. Zev0 regularly releases new products, and then you will at least get 45% off the price.

Too late lol. Already bought it. I am just too tired of that shrink wrapped look on my models. When I do a render that I'm happy with, that is the one thing that spoils it for me. But thank you all for your help!