putting back the dson morph into the figure

i've been experimenting with g2f figure and messed up.

reinstalled the g2f and a truck load of morphs back in.

now i had 2 custom made morphs i want to put back into my g2f. i still have the dson files in the data folder but the reinstalled g2f doesnt read them by default.

how do i tell the g2f to use these 2 morph files ?

Comments

• If the saved morphs are in the same \Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs\ folder, in a folder of their own, as the rest of the G2F morphs then they should be loading. Is that the case, or are they in a diffrent content directory?

• DAZ_JoshDAZ_Josh Posts: 1,367

As Richard says, they should load automatically. If they don't, then you may want to check your log file to see if there are any errors.

Log.png
    453 x 381 - 26K
  • CyprineCyprine Posts: 29
    edited April 2016

my reinstal must have failed, the morphs showing up are not all working and reading the log i get

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3388): Empty path passed to DzContentMgr::findBaseDirectory()

and a wall of:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4534): Could not find parent for modifier:

i as for my custom morph, it is read but of course WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1358): Failed to create modifier:

the previous version of my g2f was installed via the old installer; the new reinstal was done via a dim - if this as to do with that.

Post edited by Cyprine on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

That sounds more like there is a missing morph that some items are dependent upon...was your custom morph a dial spun or sculpted morph?

If it was a dial spun morph, all the ones that went into need to be reinstalled.

so i uninstalled the starter content from dim, reinstalled, just in case it came from there but same problem, same logs, mainly

WARNING: general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(3388): Empty path passed to DzContentMgr::findBaseDirectory()

checked the data folder, the architecture is fine, its just that the g2 doesnt point to it (empty path ?).

• Please post a screen-shot of Edit>Prefrences>Content Library tab>Content Directory Manager button with the DAZ Studio entries under Current Set showing.

• And the morphs are in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female\Morphs?

edited April 2016

yup

archi.jpg
    784 x 734 - 259K

I'm wondering (yeah, it shouldn't matter...but) if it has something to do with the fact you are using a French language version of Windows.

Try readding that content library, in Studio...in Content Directory Manager, under Studio Formats hit Add and then navigate to your content.  After you've added it, remove the old one.

tried that, no luck.

i guess i could reinstall daz as a whole & reinstall, but i'd be glad if there was a way to avoid it.

Cyprine said:

tried that, no luck.

i guess i could reinstall daz as a whole & reinstall, but i'd be glad if there was a way to avoid it.

Generally for configuration issues, reinstalling Studio isn't helpful...and reinstalling content, unless it's known to be corrupted/broken (missing files, improperly moved, etc) rarely fixes things. 

i tried to reinstal g2f with the old installer, still the same *empty path* warning.

tried to stop & restart content manager, no joy.

loaded a g3f just to check, her morphs seems fonctional but the log reads the same *empty path* warning.

any idea ?

• That isn't showing the true path as you have goen through the Libraries list. Go to C:\Users\Public\Documents... directly instead, please.

Is it just your morphs that are having trouble loading or are other morphs of G2F having issues?

If it is just yours then I would suggest opening your morphs in a text editor alongside a morph that works and compare the parent line of your morphs to the parent line of the morph that loads correctly. If they don't match, copy the parent line from the good one to your morphs.

ParentLine.png
    1030 x 453 - 26K

most of the morph dont work, even tho they show up.

the victoria 6 morph shows up for example, but has no effect on the figure. Its parent reads:

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%202/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf#GenesisFemale"

while the androgenous morph works and reads:

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%202/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf#GenesisFemale-1"

where does the -1 comes from ?

i tried to change the parent name on the victoria6 morph to match that of the androgenous but no result.

hmmm, I was hoping the only broken morphs were your custom ones...You shouldn't need to worry about any morphs that you purchased. I have noticed some have the -1 and some don't and they work for me so shouldn't be a concern.

If content from our store isn't working right for you, the two most common causes are:

1. Something wrong with the installation
    2. Something wrong with the content you are installing

If it's #1, follow Richard's request to verify the path. Also, make sure you don't have multiple versions of Genesis 2 Female installed. From the screenshot above it looks like you only have one directory mapped so may not be a valid concern in this case.

If it's #2, having your entire log file might be helpful in tracking down the issue.

edited April 2016

path file seems right (see attached). C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female

the morphs were working before - i started experimenting on the g2f figure (merged a geograft). saved that as a new figure. when reloading a g2f i had only a blocked figure. i reinstalled g2f which now shows up correctly but her morphs are broken.

i tried to launch daz without the experiment save, but the problem still occurs.

path.jpg
    860 x 328 - 139K
  • Ah, are you sure when you saved your merged figure that you changed the author and product fields in the option dialogue? If not you will have also saved the morphs as morphs on the merged mesh over the originals, which might very well break them - reisntalling the base figure would not affect add-on or created morphs. Reinstalling the original morph sets would fix those, but unless you have a pre-merge copy of your custom morphs I'm not sure there's anything you could do for them.

edited April 2016

yes, the 1st time around i saved the merged as a figure without checking the fields.

Thats when i got the blocky g2f. I deleted the experiment save, reinstalled g2f, loaded her & immediatly made a copy to work on (save as a figure) but this time around i did check & change the feilds (but i guess it was already too late). Proceeded with the geograft merge. Things looked fine until i tried the morph.

And yes, all the morphs that are fonctional are add-on.

When you save the figure, it saves every single morph and sometimes it even saves them into the wrong folders so that you have duplicates. 

What I would suggest is that you uninstall Genesis 2 Female and all her morphs and then navigate to the morphs folder and make sure it is empty. Any that got created when you saved will still be there, so delete them. Then reinstall everything again and it should be working.

that worked !

ty Josh, ty Richard !