Is there a way to change V4 limb / body proportions?

bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

Hi there,
I'm curious, is there some way to change the proportions of limbs parts of the body beyond what the Morphs++ allows, such as make the shins shorter, but leave the upper thigh / knee as they are, or shorten the torso (with scaling everything as chest size does)?

I've tried scaling parts of the body in maya or brush and importing those changes as morphs with reverse deformations on but that appears to leave the joint lengths unaffected so that bends are broken ( depending on how far I scale things).

Any suggestions or do I have to go into the rigs and add additional scales? Are there any commercial morph packages that add this sort of functionality?

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

What application are you using? In DAZ Studio you can change the X, Y, or Z scale of the body part; Poser 9 sr3/PP2012 sr3 also correctly move joint centers when using single-axis scaling. Earlier versions of Poser will not, so you'll see this problem with single-axis scaling.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I'm using DazStudio 4 Pro.

I see I can range the scale of the arm / shin, but there are no scale controls for the shoulders / chest torso. Also no separate x / y / z scales either. Be nice to have for the head too.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

If you click the options menu (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) of the Parameters tab and tick "Show Hidden Parameters" you'll get the separate axis scales for all body parts.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Aha! Thank you that should do it :)