Mirror surface for I-ray

Can anyone help me with making a mirror surface in Iray or point me to a product where I can find one?

I've been trying for hours now to create one, but it does not reflect, regardless of having items in the "reflecting angle" and having light aimed at them. (When I try a correstponding render in 3Dlight I get a mirror al righ, but not with Iray)

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Did you start with applying the Iray Uber base?

Also, try the Polished Aluminum preset...it makes a passable mirror.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,318

Tom2099 has a great automobile shader pack for iray at sharecg that includes a mirror as well as other useful iray shaders such as rubber, leather and chrome.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I can't remember my exact settings, but I usually use the Nickle or Titanium Uber shaders, then adjust the glossy and refraction settings until I get what I want.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Making a perfect polished mirror surface is not quite a simple as it sounds (reflectivity 100% right? Apparently not!) Anyway, there are several shader packs available in the marketplace which include mirrored surfaces. There is even a DAZ freebie (currently free, anyway) called Light Probe Tool which has a mirrored surface which you could copy on to the surface of the object you want to be your mirror.