How to do camera panning in an animation?

WolfschadoweWolfschadowe Posts: 18

I'm trying to pan a camera around a figure in an animation using Animate 2 (not the Animate2 Light) and I can't seem to get it to work. It seems like it should be a relatively simple task, however every time the camera pans past any 0 rotation, it filps around to 159X -180y. What the heck? This throws off the next aniblock that I'm making. Essentially, it seems impossible to script any kind of camera movement in an animation with any kind of reliability. I've searched around a bit and found old, old references to "unwanted camera acrobatics" and find it hard to believe that if it's a bug it wouldl persist through today!

Even manually entering coords for every frame doesn't fix the issue. It just makes the camera go haywire. So how do I reliably script a camera move? Is there some trick or methodology that I'm missing out on here?

Post edited by Wolfschadowe on

Comments

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
    edited May 2016

There is no fix... The camera isnt meant to be controled like that. Instead, Parent the camera to an object and pose that object instead. It's kind of a hassble, but what I do, is I create a new sphere and turn the display off. Then parent the camera to the sphere and rotate the sphere thus rotating the camera.

I do the same, when I use a click pose with weird rotations and posing them in the scene is a hassle, I'll parent my genesis to a sphere instead, and pose the figure that way.

Post edited by Angel on