Moving forward

LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I know the PA sale isn't over but it is in it's final death throes so is there any chance of getting some early teasers for the PC Appreciation month coming up?

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

From my professional experience(not with daz) the last days of an online sale are the most successful revenue wise. So not really death spiral but a final climax. That being said any teases would potentially cause people to pause before spending, so I wouldn't do it. So I'm not holding my breath but I really wouldn't mind a teaser either. I've already done my spending with this particular event.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Well I simply meant that since it was coming to an end, I wasn't really trying to make a statement about the profitability of a sale. I'm mainly just looking for reasons to keep some of the unexpected money I recently got, in my pocket for the PC Month Promo rather then go fritter it away on unnecessary extravagences like food.

edited December 1969

Well I simply meant that since it was coming to an end, I wasn't really trying to make a statement about the profitability of a sale. I'm mainly just looking for reasons to keep some of the unexpected money I recently got, in my pocket for the PC Month Promo rather then go fritter it away on unnecessary extravagences like food.

I hear ya, my guess is they would stay silent in hopes that you would spend that money on a few more PA items. Though as I said I'm done with the PA sale myself and really looking forward to any surprises that may be in store next month. WOuld be nice if the sale started this friday instead of monday since I get paid friday.

But I know a lot of folks have been waiting to give PA's some of their loot and they deserve a chance.

edited September 2012

I hear ya, my guess is they would stay silent in hopes that you would spend that money on a few more PA items. Though as I said I'm done with the PA sale myself and really looking forward to any surprises that may be in store next month. WOuld be nice if the sale started this friday instead of monday since I get paid friday.

But I know a lot of folks have been waiting to give PA's some of their loot and they deserve a chance.

Oh no doubt, and I did in fact spend some money on the PA sale. At this point though all that's really left to the PA sale is for those who missed the original sales when they happened to take advantage of the 50% off one last time. So the money spent on those items has or at least should have been decided on by now and should not be swayed by any early hints of what's in store next month.

Anyway all I'm really interested in is the annual membership and any discounts one might get there next month because after that and all the PC items I've been adding to my wish list until I can afford to get my PC Membership back (had to let it go after maintaining it for 8 years due to the poor economy and even poorer me) I doubt I'll be able to afford much else. Certainly no BOGO's or Buy It All or anything like that.

The only thing that has a chance of being bought from me before the PA sale ends (other then what I've already bought) is a couple of Stonemason items.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Well part of what you say is true, but not all pa's had a day on the sale. Today was the first day a lot of the pas stores went 50% off. I know I had several items I had been waiting on. A few folks in other threads said that they wanted more time than Friday to spend browsing all the vendor stores! Me, I just looked at my wish list and decided not to get most of it. That big buy 500 save 250 sale drained me....and a lot of my wish list but there is some stuff left for the Pa sale.

I don't want to say "can't wait till Monday" because I don't want the weekend to speed away. When the PC sale does start I'll be on my toes

edited December 1969

Well part of what you say is true, but not all pa's had a day on the sale. Today was the first day a lot of the pas stores went 50% off. I know I had several items I had been waiting on. A few folks in other threads said that they wanted more time than Friday to spend browsing all the vendor stores! Me, I just looked at my wish list and decided not to get most of it. That big buy 500 save 250 sale drained me....and a lot of my wish list but there is some stuff left for the Pa sale.

I don't want to say "can't wait till Monday" because I don't want the weekend to speed away. When the PC sale does start I'll be on my toes

I know but I thought everyone knew, PA participation in the PA sale is voluntary. So not all PA's necessarily will have stuff go on sale. At least that's my understanding of how it's always been. Also it's my understanding that PA's have the option of not offering the 50% on everything. I remember one year I waited and waited for a particular item in my wish list to go on sale it never did even though the PA who created the item was participating in the sale. When I posted a comment asking about why it wasn't on sale the PA told me that it was up to them as to what items went on sale. When I explained I'd have to pass on it then she practically peeled my wig back expressing her dissatisfaction with my decision to not buy that item.