Obvious seam between skin and gens

junkbox124junkbox124 Posts: 10

Ran into an issue where the seam between the skin and gens on a g3f is blatantly obvious. I'm using iray Sasha skin for both and in one scene there is no seam but when I take that figure over and apply the pose that I need in another scene the seam becomes very visible. I have checked all surfaces settings and they match exactly so I am at a loss as to what I can do. Does a pose setting save something that gets applied that could cause this problem?

Any help?

Example.jpg
126 x 126 - 35K
Post edited by junkbox124 on

Comments

• DrumeDrume Posts: 21

I have heard of an issue like this but on g3m gens. For some reason after applying the gens you had to select them and click on the Translate Tool and it just fixed them (really strange). I am not sure if this will be your solution however.

• junkbox124junkbox124 Posts: 10

I tried this but it didn't seem to help unfortunately. The weird thing is that if I take a figure in scene A it renders fine, with no seam. Take that figure from scene A and merge it into scene B and apply the pose that I saved and suddenly the seam shows up. It's like the pose is the problem somehow or is saving something that is causing the issue...

• DrumeDrume Posts: 21
    The only other thing I could suggest is to save out the figure as char preset without gens then add them once in the new scene. Is a very odd problem :/ sorry the first suggestion wasn't the solution.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,416

Is the UV set getting changed whenb you merge the figure into a new scene?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Another thing to check is the normal maps, most gens don't have them, although this is something that only shows when rendered.

• MW_HNLMW_HNL Posts: 45

Consider lighting perhaps.  I have had strange things like this that was traced to some things being slightly layered and the angle of the light and some settings which are often defaulted like "Cast Shadows" cause an artifact to appear and disappear based on type and angle of lighting.

• junkbox124junkbox124 Posts: 10

Thanks for the suggestions about what might be causing this problem. I think it is just happening when I raise the leg fairly high, like a -70 bend, which then affects the skin of the torso but doesn't adjust the gen itself. At least that is what I saw last night when I could render it fine in a standing position but as soon as I bent the leg up it seemed to compress the skin and affect the shine/reflectivity while not adjusting the gen so they end up having the seam be quite viisible.

I'll play around with this some more later and check that the UV setting is getting changed somehow but I am pretty sure I had checked that before when trouble shooting this issue. At least I was able to make the render passable for what I needed by some adjustments to the camera angle and lighting.