Help with Lights

Kenpachi69Kenpachi69 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi people,

I am new with poser and i find it quite interesting.Because of the Halloween i want to make a theme based on that. What i am trying to do is to use a pumpkin with nothing inside it emitting light from inside(if possible to have a fainting light lens coming out of it).Also the whole set will be a neighborhood with 2 houses(dont want to make something big from my pc to render)and i wanted the windows of the houses to emit light as well like there is a party inside of them.For the houses i thought that a material that has lighting attributes, because the windows will be a plane prop, can help but i am not sure how to do it. I find poser lights a little bit weird compared to max but i want to learn it as.Any help will be appreciated :)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,928
    edited December 1969

If you are trying to look realistic it would be better to put a point light inside the items and make their surfaces translucent, so that they appear lit from behind.

• Kenpachi69Kenpachi69 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

how can i make the surfaces translucent?

edited December 1969

Translucency settings are about a third of the way down the Poser Surface node in the Advanced view of the Material Room.

• Kenpachi69Kenpachi69 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i tried it at the pumpkin and i had a decent result.Now i am trying to make a street lamp to have a nice light effect.to make the lamp emit light and also to light a small area around it i do the same thing with the point light?

edited December 1969

If you want to add a glow around a light you will need something to catch the glow or a volumetric effect. Poser does have an atmosphere that should do the job, though I've never experimented with it. Alternatively you can use a number of nested spheres around the light, with translucence and a low opacity value (and shadow casting set to off) to fake the effect.