Hexagon 2.5 serial suddenly invalid?

Greetings!

I've had this program for several years now, with no problem starting up, but today the program informs me that my serial number is invalid. I tried re-entering the one listed on my account list of serials, but no luck. It will only run in crippled "demo" mode. What's up?

Note: my serial starts with HDZSTND-025-...., but it's asking for one that starts with HDZSTND-026-...

Comments

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,083

IIRC I ran into this - use the -025 serial number; ths is apparently a typo in the registration box. (I went through support, and that's what they said)

• lexbairdlexbaird Posts: 167

The -025 number comes back as invalid. Which is what is weird, because that's what it has been using for about 4 years.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

How are you putting it in?

I just looked up my support ticket; copy/paste failed every time - I had to type the serial number in to get it to work.

OK - I R Confuse. I re-ran the existing serial number by typing it in (again)
    and it seems to have worked. The first three attempts were copy/paste

Okay, I was copy/pasting. I'll try typing it in directly tomorrow, when I can access that machine again.

Thanks for the help!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Sometimes typing works...others copying. 

If you are going the copy/paste route, try pasting it into Notepad or something, first to make sure it is actually correctly being pasted. 

mjc1016 said:

Sometimes typing works...others copying. 

If you are going the copy/paste route, try pasting it into Notepad or something, first to make sure it is actually correctly being pasted. 

I think I tried that on one of my copy/paste attempts. It also looks like the first time I typed it in didn't work.

So - knowing how I do things

Type in the serial number. DO NOT HIT ENTER! Click on the 'ok' or 'accept' or whatever button instead.

Entering it directly solved this.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

ahh,  on the product page, in Bold

Hexagon works with 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 and 10.10. However, you have to type in the serial number digit by digit, you cannot copy and paste.

made that mistake myself, ,  I didn't go back to the product page, I already had it, I think this question on getting serial to work always pop up

FWIW, I had the problem on Windows 7 Pro . . .