DAZ server problems

Comments

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Skiriki said:
    Ummm, hey, Taozen -- I got the latest version of your downloader (and I got the fix too), and neither of them download anything. :( I wonder if the problem is at my end, in cache, or possibly servers still hiccuping final burps? Does your latest version work OK for you?
    The latest version of downloader will log in but won't download anything at all.

Weird. Mine works.

Pretty sure I used the latest, to download, this morning....

So I just tried, with the latest, and it worked. (I picked a Mac file, first to test the file-size, and then to download).

The previous one, the fix, worked for me too.
    I've got the same problem, even using the tempfix version -- it'll log in, says Download Started, and then nothing. Even now that DAZ says they're not having anymore download/server issues.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited October 2012

T Jaiman said:
    Skiriki said:
    Ummm, hey, Taozen -- I got the latest version of your downloader (and I got the fix too), and neither of them download anything. :( I wonder if the problem is at my end, in cache, or possibly servers still hiccuping final burps? Does your latest version work OK for you?
    The latest version of downloader will log in but won't download anything at all.

Weird. Mine works.

So I just tried, with the latest, and it worked. (I picked a Mac file, first to test the file-size, and then to download).

I've got the same problem, even using the tempfix version -- it'll log in, says Download Started, and then nothing. Even now that DAZ says they're not having anymore download/server issues.

Did you guys use it before the latest 2 versions?

To rule out something on your system. I'm not thinking user error, because I can't imagine how that would be possible.

Just because it's the only question I can think of.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited October 2012

T Jaiman said:
    T Jaiman said:
    Skiriki said:

Weird. Mine works.

Did you guys use it before the latest 2 versions?

I'm not thinking user error, because I can't imagine how that would be possible.

Just because it's the only question I can think of.
    You gotta ask. Yeah, it's worked for me before, this version and I think four previous ones -- 3DConDoRR_a1088, 3DConDoDAZ_a1089, 3DConDoRR_a1090, 3DConDoDAZ_a1098, and 3DConDoDAZ_a1101 now that I check. I also tried deleting and reinstalling from the zip (in case it was some kind of caching issue, since that thing is kinda-sorta a browser), but no joy.

Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yep, it definitely worked before and I've used Taozen's tools since store switchover. I'll give it a new go once my render finishes; it is entirely possible that it could be a caching issue or something.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Tested it by downloading the complete DS 4.5 yesterday, before releasing it, worked fine. Just did another test, no problems.

edited December 1969

Another test:

:

dadltest01.jpg
    728 x 450 - 87K
    edited October 2012

T Jaiman said:
    Skiriki said:

Weird. Mine works.

Do you have many files on your download page? I noticed at a time I had over 2000 that it took a while before it reacted when I clicked the Start (download) button. Not sure why.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited October 2012

Would a1096 still work, now that they're off of CloudFlare? Or did they make a permanent change?

Could there have been a DNS change, or would that be hidden behind the redirect? (I doubt that could be it, since they can log in).

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Can we have a main picture downloaded with the exe or zip files.
    that we remember, how that content file looks like.

example of the outfit, morph,...

something that explains the exe or zip file with a visual example file with the same name.

would be useful info to have, without all to download the images manual.

edited December 1969

Well there seem to be a problem with the program in Win 7 / 64 (not sure about the 32 bit version). Will look into it...

edited December 1969

Can we have a main picture downloaded with the exe or zip files.
    that we remember, how that content file looks like.

If I continue developing the program I expect this feature to be included.

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited October 2012

Can't download via 3D Content Downloader, too. 8(
    CAN download via DAZ Account now.

All Versions before worked fine till DAZ's Server problems.

Then i downloaded the FIXed one. Nothing.
    Cleared all Folders on Harddisk and set up 3D Content Downloader new. Again the Fixed one.
    It loaded the List of available Files, says 130 (Filtered by PC!) :ohh:
    (Most of them cleared a while ago with Tao's Tool! But they won't dissapear from Download list.
    I don't need the MAC files, so thats what i clear first before doing anything else. ;) )

Then i downloaded the Alpha 1.102 - 2012-10-03, unzipped to new folder, made the needed Setting and .... NOPE!
    I selected the 9 needed Files and hit start Download.
    It created the (Sub)Folders and showed the 'downloading 1 of 9' But Byte count stayes at 0B of 0B

Clicking [cancel] does nothing.
    Closing the Program via the [X] Button closes the Window but i have to kill it via Task Manager.

Tested on Win XP 32Bit 1Gig Ram Laptop and Win7 32Bit 4Gig Desktop.
    3D Content Downloader was doing fine on both machines before

Resetting a Download via History Manager didn't work, this morning too.
    Now it is working again.
    Woah! I'm sooo happy! Now i can reset the missing files without switching to maaaany Pages in the [#@&%'*/] DAZ History!

Oh! Wait a minute!
    If i log into Broser 'view' inside of 3D Content / History Manager it seems it works.
    IIRR this wasn't neede before?!?

In 3D Content Downloader i just unchecked Browser thingy in setup!
    Now i have switched it ON and logged into Browser AND 3D Content Downloader.
    Now it's resetting the MAC files?!

EDIT:
    NOPE! It starts saying:

FILE CLEARING STATUS

04.10.2012 12:19:47: File clearing started...

04.10.2012 12:19:47: Clearing file from filelist:

0001: [ Curbside Cuties] 14976_CurbsideCuties_v1.1_trx.zip - Mac

but it's still at 1 of X

edit again. LOL

I was too impatient. Is working. But slooooowwly!

8(
    Oh noo! Cleared Browser cache (Firefox) and checked the 'cleared Files'.
    Remaining Downloads still 5, nothing changed.

Post edited by achims on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Well there seem to be a problem with the program in Win 7 / 64 (not sure about the 32 bit version). Will look into it...

Yeah, I'm using Win 7/64 bit and it keeps crashing now. :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

I'm not able to download, either, tried both the latest version and the temp fix. It says "download started" but sits at "0b of 0b" forever. Win7-64.

edited December 1969

AchimS said:

Tested on Win XP 32Bit 1Gig Ram Laptop and Win7 32Bit 4Gig Desktop.

It won't work in XP either? Do you have SP3 installed?

It works for me on two different XP SP3 machines, but not in Win 7 - 64.

edited December 1969

I'm not able to download, either, tried both the latest version and the temp fix. It says "download but sits at "0b of 0b" forever. Win7-64.

Try waiting a few minutes and see if it reports a "Server commited a protocol error". That's what I get in Win 7 - 64.

edited December 1969

I'm just getting straightforward crash when I hit start download button. :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I'm just getting straightforward crash when I hit start download button. :(

Strange. Is it the latest version 1.102?

edited October 2012

Yep, 1.102.

Here's a screencap and hopefully some relevant info:

downloadercrash.png
    914 x 577 - 85K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yep, 1.102.

Here's a screencap and hopefully some relevant info:

Thanks. Isn't there an option for copying or saving the whole error message?

edited December 1969

Let's see... there we go!

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: contentdownloaderdaz.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.2
    Problem Signature 03: 506c2b84
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c131
    Problem Signature 07: 34fa
    Problem Signature 08: 25
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1035

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

edited October 2012

Well I think I got a fix now - at least it works on my own Win 7 - 64. Please let me know if it works. It's a temporary fix and it needs some improvement as it may cause errors in some circumstances, but for now I just need to know if it works for everyone.

If there are any XP users with the same problem, I assume it will work for them also. Please let me know in that case, so I know if it's a Win 7 only problem or a general problem.

http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1102a-installer_TEMP_WIN7_FIX.zip

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Let's see... there we go!

Description:
    Stopped working

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Gonna test it now!

Downloading...

Extracting...

Running...

Crashed.

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: RKNDKMSJLA2NINYPI501W4C1JVALPLL0
    Problem Signature 02: 1.1.0.2
    Problem Signature 03: 506d7eb3
    Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c131
    Problem Signature 07: 34fa
    Problem Signature 08: 25
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1035

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

You know, I will reboot my desktop after it finishes this render (gonna take couple of hours) and try again (although it was crashing even without rendering going on). Maybe Windows has sprung a leak or something.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Do you have many files on your download page? I noticed at a time I had over 2000 that it took a while before it reacted when I clicked the Start (download) button. Not sure why.

I have almost 2000, but I waited over an hour -- it didn't start.

Well I think I got a fix now - at least it works on my own Win 7 - 64. Please let me know if it works. It's a temporary fix and it needs some improvement as it may cause errors in some circumstances, but for now I just need to know if it works for everyone. If there are any XP users with the same problem, I assume it will work for them also. Please let me know in that case, so I know if it's a Win 7 only problem or a general problem. http://taosoft.dk/software/3dcdl-daz/updates/3dcdl-daz-a1102a-installer_TEMP_WIN7_FIX.zip
    I'm at work but I'll try it tonight -- thanks, appreciate all your hard work on this!
    edited October 2012

Rebooted, and it keeps crashing with the same message as listed above. :(

Edit: Holy **** what the **** ...

I decided to install it into a new directory with different save directory and now the **** works.

Edit edit: I think I figured the reason for the crash. From my previous attempts, there was a malformed/busy/otherwise reserved directory for one of the items. The program butted its head against it and went WTH, crash. Removing the directory? Works now.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited October 2012

Taozen said:
    If there are any XP users with the same problem, I assume it will work for them also. Please let me know in that case, so I know if it's a Win 7 only problem or a general problem.

Just for the sake of thouroughness, I'm fine with 1.1.0.2 on XP SP2.

I could test the new one, if you wish.

(I need to back up the boot drive, before I go SP3. It may be susceptible to the login-loop bug of SP3. And long stories, related to that).

Oh, hey, I don't suppose you could make something that could download my missing email notifications? :lol:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579
    edited December 1969

The Win7 fix works for me.

edited December 1969

The Win7 fix works for me.

And for me, thanks!
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Rebooted, and it keeps crashing with the same message as listed above. :(

Edit: Holy **** what the **** ...

I decided to install it into a new directory with different save directory and now the **** works.

Edit edit: I think I figured the reason for the crash. From my previous attempts, there was a malformed/busy/otherwise reserved directory for one of the items. The program butted its head against it and went WTH, crash. Removing the directory? Works now.

OK, looks like Windows or something else had locked the directory, happens sometimes. Guess I'll need to add some code to handle that situation.

Anyway, looks like the fix works for everyone so far so I'll make the necessary fine tuning and put up a new version when that's done.

Thanks!