Some Items not showing up under Categories

In the Content Library, in the Categories section, some items are not appearing - there is just the empty folder. I have tried Create Category From, Dragging and Dropping, and Copy & Paste, yet the folders remain empty in the Category. I have looked in the Content DB Editor, and the paths appear under Files/Categories. I am not sure why these files can't be assigned to a Category. Some of the files in question include Marcoor FG C4 & Iray Real Light, just to name a few.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

Assuming this is in DS 4.9, are they in Lost and Found?

• Yes, this is the DS 4.9.1.30. I found the Lost and Found folder. There are quite a few folders there, some are empty, but the products in question are not there.

• I have this too. A great deal of content (both from DAZ and 3rd party), custom subsets and poses have gone from categories and cannot put them back. The content can still be loaded from the directories but this is so unwieldy and hampers my workflow immensely.

I've just updated to DS 4.9.1.30 but this occurred in the previous DS 4.9.

There are several posts referring to this but none seem to have a clear solution and I am loath to try to re-install and re-categorise all my content, that has happened before and if it has to happen again I'm going back to drawing on paper!

Does anyone know a method that could be attempted and is non-destructive in regards to the customised categories?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

If you used one of the early DS 4.9 Beta releases  or the first product release 4.9.0.63, there is a fair chance that a bug corrupted your content database during conversion from 4.8 to 4.9. Daz offered a script to fix it, but it didn't work for me. I didn't find any solution other than resetting the database (destructive). I hope someone else can offer a less drastic option. Now is probably a good time to export your user data, so you don't forget, in case you decide later to bite the bullet and reset. You might be able to reload metadata and reload that user data after resetting the database. I didn't have a lot of custom categories, and I chose to just reinstall with Daz connect instead of trying to reload old stuff. I hoped Daz's commitment to fixing metadata would give me better metadata that reinstalling old stuff.

• I don't think it was a bug from an early release. I just got a new computer and installed DAZ studio fresh. It is very frustrating not being able to use the categories like I used to. I can try resetting the database over again, maybe that will help.

• Thanks for your help Barbult, yes I did have DS 4.9.0.63, however the issue occurred a fair few months after the upgrade and continues with the most recent "stable" version. 

I followed your advice and exported my user data, also checked your link to export your user data and found some helpful information on why this has happened, but no real solution except a glimmer of hope that version 4.9.2.x may help, whenever that may be......