M3 -> GenX -> G2M to fit M3 Clothing?

I was trying to use the MOS Invasion (with the Upgrade to Invasion addon) on a G2M, but it wouldn't auto-fit properly.  I couldn't manually get it to fit properly either.  So, all frustrated, I decided to just buy Michael 3 (and the head & body morph packs) and get back to work (I had lost 2 hours to trying to make it work for me, on top of the hour I lost just trying to find this stuff in the Content Library).

While this did work, I still would like to be able to get this outfit (and other older ones) working on G2M or even G3M.  So, with this in mind, I bought a few of the GenX packages (Genesis Generation X2, GenX2 AddOn for Genesis 2, GenX AddOn Gen3 for V3 and M3, GenX AddOn Gen3 for S3 D3 and F3, V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis and GenX2 AddOn Gen3 Kids).  Now, I sure would hope, somehow, with all that, I should be able to get that outfit to work with G2M!  But, and here's where I always run into trouble... how do you use this stuff?!?  I can't find how you actually use it as the one pdf I found was written for a much earlier version of Daz and the instructions don't match what I'm seeing.

My line of logic is that I can move the M3 body to G2M using the GenX packs and then have no fitting problems with clothing like the MOS package as it would think my G2M is M3.  Am I totally out to lunch here? Maybe it would be easier to use the 'V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis' to go from Genesis to G2M and see if the clothing works properly that way?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

GenX is for morph conversion, not for AutoFit. It won't move the base shape, and even if it did that would be only a limited part of the issue as the main thing is to have matching bones and bone centre points. You could use http://www.daz3d.com/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis to fit the Micahel 3 clothing to Genesis, save as a Figure Asset (File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset) and then AutoFit that to Genesis 2 Male.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

GenX is for morph conversion, not for AutoFit. It won't move the base shape, and even if it did that would be only a limited part of the issue as the main thing is to have matching bones and bone centre points. You could use http://www.daz3d.com/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis to fit the Micahel 3 clothing to Genesis, save as a Figure Asset (File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset) and then AutoFit that to Genesis 2 Male.

Glad I picked that package up as well then.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks Richard!

I may be back with more questions....  blush

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,462
    edited May 2016

M3 clothing goes to Genesis 2 quite nicely, once you've converted it to Genesis.. and those conversions are pretty smooth.  Footwear from Generation 3 seems to be much smoother that from Generation 4. I think I actually did MOS Invasion at one point... one of my favorite sets.

Post edited by evilded777 on

M3 clothing goes to Genesis 2 quite nicely, once you've converted it to Genesis.. and those conversions are pretty smooth.  Footwear from Generation 3 seems to be much smoother that from Generation 4. I think I actually did MOS Invasion at one point... one of my favorite sets.

I'm hoping it works well with poses for G2M after the conversion.  I spent almost 2 hours last night posing one M3 figure to hold a rifle... arms, hands, fingers... all individually... so painful.  I ended up losing the shoulder armor because it wouldn't fit right after moving the shoulders.

So I tried it out but it isn't working for me as expected.  Here's what I did: I loaded a Genesis figure (with M3 body set to 1) and loaded every part of the Ranger outfit that was for M3 (I did it like that because I have no idea where the "V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis" package installed as I can't find it in Content Library to try to apply it).  It actually loaded good, using M3 as the 'designed for' option and 'none' for the target.  I highlighted everything, the Genesis figure and all child items, and did the Save As steps you listed.  I went to load it to test and all it did was load a blank Genesis figure.  I did it all again, but leaving out setting the body as M3.  This time I only highlighted the clothing, did the Save As steps then went and loaded a Genesis figure and applied the outfit and all I got was the very last item I had added, not all of them.  I'm stuck here.  It seems like it should be pretty simple, but I'm not seeing anything else to try.  Also, once it's saved, would you just load it onto a G2M and autofit would do it's magic, or would there be some special steps I would have to do?

Suggestions?  Screenshots?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You need to save each clothing item as a Figure/Prop Asset.  After that you can autofit the new items to G2M.

Can anyone tell me where to find the 'V3 and M3 Shapes for Genesis'?  I spent over an hour last night going through Content Library, both the Daz folder and the Poser folder... couldn't find it (or any of the GenX products I listed above that I bought).  Do you have to have the figure selected to have it show up like you sometimes do with Smart Content?  I even went through the Content list that's sorted alphabetically and still couldn't find it anywhere!

I checked the install zip file that gets downloaded to see if I could figure out from the folder structure in there where it might be, but that didn't help at all (the structure was Daz 3D\Genesis\Morphs... but there's no 'Daz 3D' folder anywhere).  I couldn't find anything in the menu bar at the top that seemed to be related to it or scripts that might be it or anything.  Honestly, why is this stuff so bloody difficult to find?!?

You know... a nice little text file included in the downloaded zip saying where to find the product in the Library would sure be nice..... gah....  I love this product, love what you can do with it, but honestly, this constant fight where I spend 80% of the limited time I have to use it just trying to find stuff, or get it to work right, is getting too much.  <-- mini rant from a tired guy

On the other hand, you guys who cruise the forums helping people are awesome!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960

For the shapes there are no "user facing" files, things in the content panes. There are new morphs that load with Genesis. I'm not sure how GenX works but I think again you will have new options in the plug-in interface, not files in the content panes.

For the shapes there are no "user facing" files, things in the content panes. There are new morphs that load with Genesis. I'm not sure how GenX works but I think again you will have new options in the plug-in interface, not files in the content panes.

Well that would explain it!  I thought I was a complete idiot (partial maybe...) and just wasn't seeing something.  I did see some interesting dials in the Smart Content side of things when I had Genesis loaded (like M3 body), so maybe that's what that was.

Ok... better now... thanks Richard.  smiley

Back to the original issue of loading the MOS invasion M3 outfit, I did something a little different and managed to save the entire outfit as one Genesis outfit, loaded a G2M and had it work with having to do the autofit box for each item.  Only one part didn't work (the helmet antenna) but I just deleted it and reloaded it and it was fine.  I'll check it again and post what i did so it may help others.