Lighting issue

Hi verybody, that's my problem:

when I try to illuminate my character, the light only affects the clothes so I cannot make a good "photography" on his face.

I tried with Micahel 4 and everything works fine.

Thank you smiley

Schermata 2016-05-18 alle 10.21.53.png
1650 x 1163 - 313K

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Hi, zim, are you using Iray or 3Delight and in what version of Studio?  What figure/morph are you using?

• zimeehzuzimeehzu Posts: 10

Hi Cris, I'm using Iray and the version is 4,9 (on Mac).

I started from Michael 4.

I tried to illuminate Michael 4 and then to modify the shape and add the clothes: in this way the lights works fine as you can see in the photo. The point is that I have already made some characters and I'd like to find how to fix this issue instead of illuminate and then re-edit all the characters.

Schermata 2016-05-18 alle 12.56.15.png
    1848 x 700 - 347K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Can you post a screenshot of the one of the skin surfaces...the full listing for the parameters of something like the Face surface (you may need to break it into two shots)...from the Surface tab?

Sorry, but there is no way around having to modify the characters...the good news is, it doesn't mean you will have to scrap what you've done, already...just make the edits and resave (how have you saved them currently?).

• zimeehzuzimeehzu Posts: 10

I addeded a shader on the figure and now i can see the shadow, but I'm still wondering why I can see the shadow on some figure (like the second photo I posted) without adding any shader indecision

Anyway thank you all for your help!